[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if communism didn't happen, could Russia have developed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: north kavkaz.jpg (520KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
north kavkaz.jpg
520KB, 1024x678px
if communism didn't happen, could Russia have developed like America? Where there's these huge diverse states with amazing cities dotted around the whole country
I mean, it's very different from america, but it's also this huge vast land that's very diverse.
Right now the only 2 places that matter are Moscow and Saint Pete. There's literally no reason to go east
>>
>could a country with 900 years at that time of totalitariam rule develop like the country founded on freedom

lots of regions will also try to break off im sure
>>
>>1561279
Only 2 places that matter today in America are NY and LA.
>>
>>1561397
well I think they are all quite diverse. I really like america, from chicago, to boston, new york, LA, texas. I love them all and I get a different feel. drivng through america was awesome, and in Russia it's a bit depressing that outside of moscow it's just a huge nothing. We have good scenary and resources but the tyrants are swallowing all the money.
>>1561390
if we switched to an American style, would we develop similarly? would we have the resources to?
>>
>>1561279
no, if you compare America and Russia from around 1890-1917 when communism came to take hold Russia was clearly already fucked
>starving peasants
>16 hour workdays for industrial workers
>shitty conditions
>if you protest, cossacks shoot at you
>political dissenters interrogated then sent to siberia/executed
>tsarist autocratic rule
>okhrana secret police

people act like communism fucked Russia over but really it was already on that path
>>
>>1561279
It developed because of communism.
>>
>>1561279
Firstly, their mentalities are way too different. Russians are collectivist and xenophobic, Americans are individualist and open-mined.

Secondly, the territories they hold are also completely different. Russians have held (and still hold some) many powerful indigenous cultures with the potential to kick them out and the lands of Siberia are too inhospitable by and large.

Their similarities are purely superficial.
>>
>>1561279
>Right now the only 2 places that matter are Moscow and Saint Pete.

What about Sevastopol
>>
>>1561527
sevastapol is pretty cool, but poverty just turns good things shit
can russia ever not be shit? in it's entire history, we always autocratic and not living in luxury
>>
>>1561527
>Home of Black Sea "Four Times Back to Back Self-Destruct Champion" Fleet, captured every time it was attacked
>Relevant
>>
File: Western Russia.jpg (145KB, 632x865px) Image search: [Google]
Western Russia.jpg
145KB, 632x865px
>>1561535
Just saying, it's the third and last federal city of Russia, behind Moscow and St. Petersburg

>>1561534
The russian tendency for authoritarianism coupled with the outright colonial eastern holdings makes Russia as it looks right now dysfunctional.

I'm sure something good will happen if it were to drop all of their holdings and became a more unified country as a repercussion of that.
>>
>>1561397
Aha good 1 m8
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.