[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was more powerful? Stalin, an ancient pharaoh or an ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg (77KB, 343x467px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg
77KB, 343x467px
Who was more powerful?

Stalin, an ancient pharaoh or an ancient Chinese emperor?
>>
i don't think any other ruler has ever exerted as much power and control over their state as stalin effectively did
>>
>>1556667
>Pol Pot
>Turkmenbashi
>His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Alhaji Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE
>>
Do you mean relative to their time period? Because technology meant Stalin had a far greater grasp than the Emperor physically could.
>>
>>1556656

Stalin at the very end of his life as he had nuclear weapons.

Say what you will about any pre-industrial era emperor, but they could not destroy entire cities in under a second. That was power they could not comprehend mortals ever having.
>>
>>1556679

Even relative to their time periods, Stalin still wins. He had about twenty or so nuclear weapons and probably could have destroyed all of western europe from his deathbed.
>>
>>1556688
>All of Western Europe
>With early nukes and air bomber delivery means

Nuclear weapons aren't an automatic "I win" button, man. Now Khrushchev with his hard-on for ICBMs and thermonuclear devices invented by then is a different story.
>>
Stalin by virtue of modern means of governing a state.

Stalin's government had a far greater reach than any ancient ruler. He exerted as much personal power as the other examples but also had more sophisticated means to actually enforce that power.
>>
>>1556656
pharoah had the greatest buffering/cushioning between moral accountability (a masses effect) and action. then again i know fug all about these elites behind the iron curtain. depend if he actually did any work or just fucked babies all day, and from the outcome of the cold war, yeah.
>>
>>1556695

I didn't say he would or could win. But he could destroy most of western europe. Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, London and Rome were in range. Even though the US would immediately retaliate (and likely successfully), the level of destruction is on a much greater scale than that of just men with pointy sticks.

In terms of raw power, nukes are a big deal. It's what caused the US to respect the communists rather than start ww3 in Korea.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.