[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It literally hurts that I cannot interact with history past reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

It literally hurts that I cannot interact with history past reading about it. I find some parts of history to be so cool, yet a history book only feels like a promise of something greater that I can never experience; like a trailer for a movie that never gets made. I don't know how to explain it, it's more than just wishing I was king after reading about kings. Playing historical video games does not help.

How can I really suck in history and feed my hunger?
>>
>>1551456
LARP'ing
>>
>>1551456
Archaeology
>>
become an academic, then you'll want to stop reading about history once you get past the kings meme
>>
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
>>1551456
kys. Then you can place yourself outside the thread of time and choose where to put yourself back into. Trust me I've done it like a million times.
>>
>>1551456
The problem is that you're approaching history with the wrong mindset. You're looking at it from a romanticist point of view which is inherently shallow and sentimental and mostly false. If you read enough about history, you will realize that all the romanticizing is a load of shit invented in the 19th century and that in reality your life right now is 100x better than it would've been at any time in the past.
>>
Maybe your just not into reading, that's fine. Try documentaries, series, audiobooks, podcasts, art, etc. Maybe you just need to try it from a different angle.
>>
Virtual reality.

Within our life time it will get incredibly realistic, maybe even so realistic that you cent tell it from the real world

Just wait anon.
>>
>>1551456

History is a quest for knowledge and understanding, there is no place for petty feelings such as yours.
>>
>>1551462
This. Go get your hands on some history.

Shit, where do you live, anon? If you're old world, go check out ruins, museums and historical sites. If you're new world, do the same, but also save up for a trip to Europe or something; judging by your picture you want some medieval stuff to look at. Go to France, walk around the Cluny. Nothing gives you chills like walking around in a late roman castle that was in continuous use until the high middle ages.
>>
>>1551456
Multiple day reenactments
>>
>>1551456
LARPing.

If you're really desperate, Renaissance Faires aren't uncommon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.