[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do the Japanese think about the Second World War? How much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: US_landings.jpg (1MB, 1995x1401px) Image search: [Google]
US_landings.jpg
1MB, 1995x1401px
What do the Japanese think about the Second World War? How much is it talked about? How are Japanese war crimes discussed as compared to American war crimes?
>>
Its a magical game of " What world war we didn't rape anyone you are mistaken "
>>
most of the population regrets the Empire's actions in WWII, with Japanese philosophy and mentality rejecting violence as a consequence of the war. People's views on war crimes are different and polarizing, with sizable groups refusing to admit to war crimes and other peoples just saying it happened and want to move on from it.

Basically it's a lot like how Americans view the Vietnam War, terrible, bloody, and a useless conflict, but it does hit closer to home due to how directly it affected the Japanese home islands.

There is notable portions of the population who want to feel that nationalistic pride again, which makes Shinzo Abe have considerable popularity with his moves to reinstate the military to take on offensive roles once more. But that feeling of weariness concerning nationalist pride is very similar in Japan to how Germans view pride towards their nation today.

t. lived in Japan for 3 years.
>>
>>1549409

>NAN
>KING
>INCIDENT
>>
>>1549433
Chinese dog lie, you mean. Return Manchukuo, return "China" sea.
>>
>>1549402
>What do the Japanese think about the Second World War?

Generally speaking, they don't. To be more specific, here's a copypasta I found somewhere that's about their opininons on Japan's involvement in WW2:

>The Japanese government was hijacked by a bunch of war-mongers who whipped the population into a frenzy and Japan went on a massive colonial tear. Stupidly they decided it would be a good idea to pick a fight with the largest economy in the world, and after losing on every front the US had to resort to atomic bombs because the military was willing to let the entire population die.

>Japan was being very aggressive and did some bad things. They stupidly took on the US and the UK at the same time they were fighting the Chinese, and naturally lost. I don't think the atomic bombs were necessary, and another month of every city being flattened would have worked.

>Japan got dragged into the Chinese civil war (to defend themselves) and after every nation in the world ganged up on them, they had to surrender because the US was going to kill everyone with nuclear bombs.

>Japan was protecting their colonies in the Pacific, then the US declared war on them, stole their colonies, and dropped 2 atomic bombs on them.

>One day, for no reason the US decided to declare war on Japan and dropped 2 atomic bombs on them.

>One day, for no reason the US decided to drop 2 atomic bombs on Japan.

>There was a war?

The three last ones are by far the most common.
>>
File: 1464033940707.gif (2MB, 352x226px) Image search: [Google]
1464033940707.gif
2MB, 352x226px
They have been nationally emasculated and now are nothing but cogs made to keep the neoliberal system working.

We can't really say that it's working very efficiently though.
>>
File: 841848191.jpg (44KB, 347x307px) Image search: [Google]
841848191.jpg
44KB, 347x307px
>>1549402
OP, that is good question I too would like to know more about it.
Also, more or less on topic: I've personally seen and known how WW2 and nazist regime were and are stigmatized in modern day Germany, but I've never seen a similar attitude in my country, Italy, about what the fascist party did.
So I wonder how did the countries that lost WW2 acted and act about that particular period of their past.
>>
File: 1469047113466.gif (981KB, 1064x589px) Image search: [Google]
1469047113466.gif
981KB, 1064x589px
>>
>>1549402
Isn't this more /int/ than /his/?
>>
>>1549432
>which makes Shinzo Abe have considerable popularity
His approval rating is in the low 40s.
>>
>>1549402
I live in Japan and grew up here. Basically war crimes of Japan are simply not talked about really. When they so happen to talk about world war 2 they mostly do t in a way that depicts people having to drive the country in thr time of need and sacrificing themselves.

Most of Japan's crime are not talked about and instead they just like to play the victim card. 90%> of WW2 related topics is about nukes lok
>>
>>1549409
Pretty much this>>1549432
>>
>>1550247
Whoops, I meant a mix of both.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.