[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you "redpill" me on the origins of old judaism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Enkidu.jpg (1MB, 1501x2069px) Image search: [Google]
Enkidu.jpg
1MB, 1501x2069px
Could you "redpill" me on the origins of old judaism? What content is original, and what is stolen from other cultures? The example that comes to my mind right now is the "Epic of Gilgamesh", where they describe something similar to the Great Flood myth.
>>
File: Aral_Sea.gif (176KB, 560x819px) Image search: [Google]
Aral_Sea.gif
176KB, 560x819px
>>1547301
threads from sumeria & 12,000 year old cradle of civilisation babylon. melts from the last major ice age - great flood, destroyed doggerland, possibly atlantis & a lot of other parts of the known/interconnected world & histories. possibly coincided with or with records of asteroid/celestial events that caused major damage (tunguska event could wipe 80% of ur stacked civ) - basis for a lot of these biblical similar strain reminants (melting ice caps * solar events)
again,
https://www.eh-resources.org/timeline-prehistory/

zoras is a monotheistic religion 5000 years old, mithras 3000.

google maps doggerland tunguska atlantis agricultural revolution
>>
>>1547301
You could read The Origins of Biblical Monotheism by Smith.

It'll teach you everything you know about the Canaanite (or "West Semitic", as the author prefers to call it) polytheist religion whence Judaism came from, by the foremost authority on the topic.

Basically this Judaism thing began as a monotheistic reform movement within a pagan religion.
>>
/fringe/ LARPagans need to go back to cripplechan desu
>>
>>1547301
Western religions all have origins in "western" civilisations. Mesopotamia and Egypt being the mother of them
>>
>>1547431
I'm afraid that what corresponds to us (Europeans) is more related to slavic, germanic and celtic cultures.
>>
File: 9789068319019.jpg (11KB, 182x280px)
9789068319019.jpg
11KB, 182x280px
Pic related, read this.
>>
>>1547376
>>1547323

Does research like this make orthodox jews butthurt?
>>
>>1547431
We're talking about major Western faiths like Islam and Christianity. Not tribal faiths like Norse religion
>>
>>1547453
no, Jews know that Judaism stems from reforms in pagan polytheistic religions, but the "Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion" claim is complete BS...judaism predates Zoroastrianism by atlist 200 years...
>>
>Could you "redpill"

No, fuck off.
>>
>>1547524
>judaism predates Zoroastrianism by at least 200 years...
No.
>>
>>1547453
Jews don't believe in the religion, they know it's just a group identity to get clay and group cohesiveness. Only christards believe in the bible.
>>
>>1547526
This board is for 18+ nigger. Go back to /leftypol/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.