[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a serious discussion, /b/? Why are Hispanics considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Can we have a serious discussion, /b/? Why are Hispanics considered a race? I've personally met/know black, Asian, and yes, WHITE Hispanics. And I'm not talking just pale skin. I'm talking about meeting gingers, blondes, and even just pretty brunettes with blue or green eyes. And all of the ones I personally know, I've asked and investigated and know for a fact they are of mostly Spanish descent. So why? I'd like to clear this subject out because it seriously has me confused. Thanks for you guys' input!
>>
I mean /his/. Sorry guys! I posted this on /b/ too but I'm not seeing any responses.
>>
Spic here, I think its because most hispanic countries are majoritarily composed of mestizos that people think we are a distinct race. Of course it varies depending on the country, in Chile (my country) mestizos represent more than a 90% of the population, in Bolivia you have a big percentage of natives, then you have Argentina where natives and mestizos are like a 3% or so the rest being white europeans, in the caribbean countries you have a lot of blacks, etc. "Hispanic" is not our race, is our culture.
>>
>>1545421
Burocratic and gov-related reason my guess. The black codes and jim crow laws were made for black people, but where do you put those that are not black or white?.
>>
>>1545421
Off course the hispanic people have a cultural heritage in common that related themselves, but is also a term created by the americans (from the USA) in order to difference themselves from their south neighbour, in special because the reason that you said: the heterogeneous fenotipic of the hispanic people that make impossible segregate only by external appeareance.

Similarly, the classification like Latin was created by the french in the early twenty century to claim a relation and expand their influences in Latin America.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.