[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of john green's Crash Course series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: ushist[1].jpg (191KB, 1162x921px) Image search: [Google]
ushist[1].jpg
191KB, 1162x921px
What does /his/ think of john green's Crash Course series? accurate? bias? full of shit?
>>
>>1542843

This thread is going to turn into a shitstorm, I hope you know that OP.

For the most part he's ok. Sometimes he's a complete faggot e.g. the Alexander the Great video.
>>
Just read history books instead
>>
>>1542843
Fuck that guy and and every single thing he ever did.
>>
File: 1462783485336.jpg (817KB, 600x2246px) Image search: [Google]
1462783485336.jpg
817KB, 600x2246px
>>1542843
He has too much bias and views ancient history through modern leftist and feminist lenses. His work really is crash course however due to the lack of information and detail. They work for dumb high school chicks however and triggering fucktards on /his/.
>>
>macedonians defeated the persians because they invented the sarissa
I think this guy is taking the piss out of people who genuinely care about history. He was molested by a history teacher or something and now he's out for revenge.
>>
new wave historical revisionism for the masses at it's finest
>>
>>1542843
It's ok if you are a complete ignorant and you want to know some fun facts.
I've even found an error: in the episode about Charles V he says that the Diet of Worms took place in 1523 instead of 1521. Maybe it's not that important, but you can't be so pretentious and make this kind of errors.
>>
Pretty good as entry level material, but not better than real or serious book on the subject. It's okay.
>>
>>1542843
Sage. Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>1542850
What was wrong with that vid?
>>
>>1542899
Oh come this screen cap is stupid
>>
>>1542843
It's exactly what it sounds like: a Crash Course.

If you know nothing about history, it's a good spring board into more advanced subjects but doesn't teach anything beyond that. Also, it's a bit biased towards the left but most episodes it isn't noticeable.
>>
>>1543271
well for one he starts it by talking about the kardashian's
>>
>constantly shits on Plato
>nothing but praise for Pseudo-Dionysus the Areopagite

wtf john
>>
>>1542368
It really makes you think.
>>
>>1542843
I hate him.
I wonder if there is any Eurofag who appreciate these videos.

Mr Green and his friends transform the narrative of historical fact in spectacular event or means to spread certain political thesis. (Disgusting public history 2.0)
>>
>>1542843
He gets a lot of the little details wrong, dates mostly, and sometimes the big detail as well (HURR NO ONE SUCCESSFULLY INVADED RUSSIA EXCEPT THE MONGOLS) There's some left-leaning bias, but generally you wouldn't know it if you weren't actively looking for it. Overall, it's a pleb youtube series for plebs. Anyone that is actually serious about history will pick up a fucking book
>>
>>1543655
> NO ONE SUCCESSFULLY INVADED RUSSIA EXCEPT THE MONGOLS
Well, can you name one successful invasion? It is true that Russia lost some offensive wars, but you can't really name any invasion that was a success because there were zero ones.
>>
>>1543687
Rurik
>>
>>1543687
Poland not only invaded Russia, they sacked Moscow. Germany not only invaded Russia successfully in WWI, they beat them. The Ottomans successfully invaded and took Russian clay. France and Britain both successfully invaded and held Russian territory during the Crimean War. Russia has a generally successful military history, but they've also gotten shit on by their neighbors several times.
>>
>>1543706
There wasn't even Russia as political entity to be invaded at this point.
>>1543743
I give you this, if you use most broad definitions of the ''success'' or ''invasion'', as territorial losses for Russia were pretty negligible in the end.
>>
>>1543785
>invade Russia and burn Moscow to the ground
>not a successful invasion
Yeah, okay, Vanya the Vatnik.
>>
>>1543785
>>1543788
Also how the fuck was Brest-Litovsk a "negligible territory loss?" They lost 1/3rd of their territory.
>>
>>1543785
>Russia

Didn't exist as a political entity at the point of the mongol conquest of Kievan Rus'
>>
>>1543788
Did poles installed their rule or got some land from this? Without real shift in power it could as well be just a big raid.
>>
>>1543801
They got Smolensk and Chernihiv: the largest expansion in Commonwealth history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truce_of_Deulino
>>
>>1542843
I like it. Yes. Yes. Yes.
>>
>>1543809
Not bad, I expected less. Then it should counts as one.
>>
>>1543821
Glad you agree, Stepan.
>>
File: whatdidyoujustsayyoulittlebitch.png (40KB, 132x126px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidyoujustsayyoulittlebitch.png
40KB, 132x126px
>>1542843
john green a shit
>>
>>1542843

I mean usually pretty much basic facts, but he presents them in the most SJWized cucked way possible and definitely twists shit to fit that narrative, he doesn't straight up tell lies but it's not amazing or very honest
>>
>>1542843
He's pretty good at pinning everything wrong with the world on capitalism and a lack of social safety nets.
>>
File: 1443148855867.jpg (230KB, 1216x1878px) Image search: [Google]
1443148855867.jpg
230KB, 1216x1878px
He is a moron.
>>
>>1543271
He said that the title "the great" is misogynistic because more men was calld "the great" than women
>>
>>1544434
>twitter
>writes wall of text
LEARN TO USE IT FUCKING FAGGOT HOLY SHIT THERES A CHARACTER LIMIT FOR A REASON
>>
File: 48 cheerios.png (3MB, 2800x1622px) Image search: [Google]
48 cheerios.png
3MB, 2800x1622px
>>1545059
>This is actually true

Whaaaat the fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg
>>
>>1545082
His mind only works in soundbites.
>>
File: portnow.jpg (83KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
portnow.jpg
83KB, 850x567px
>the dark ages weren't dark
>the renaissance isn't real
>LEL MONGOLS
>muh islamic golden age
>muh euro centric boogeyman
>against "great men" history narrative
>revisionist as fuck

Even James fucking Portnow is better. He may be and SJW, but not full of shit to the brim.
>>
If he isn't a kike, he sure could have fooled me.
>>
>>1542843
What are you gonna do next? Ask for our opinion on Guns, Germs and Steel?
>>
>>1545155
what is your opinion on it?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.