[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was reconstruction a form of genocide? Why has the North never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 14603720012.jpg (1MB, 3404x2164px) Image search: [Google]
14603720012.jpg
1MB, 3404x2164px
Was reconstruction a form of genocide?

Why has the North never paid reparations or apologized for it?
>>
If anything the North wasn't hard enough on the South. They should have completely broken the entire Southern aristocracy and upper class, assuming they didn't just execute them all for treason.
>>
>>1542756
Non-American. What is the reconstruction and how can it be considered a genocide?
>>
>>1542756
>apologise for fixing the place after a total war
Ahh jeez europe sorry for liberating ya from the nazis and then givin ya money to fix yer shit sorry and also for gettin here before the russians and also for our arrangement of nato to prevent another massive and devastating war all over your continent and for footing the bill
>>
>>1542804
You know if you look at the bulk of history, the US has always been a lot nicer to other (white) countries than it COULD have been. We're fucking saints compared to the British, for example.
>>
>>1542799
We fixed up the South after they rebelled and they wined for a century and a half that they we spilled their mint julep.
It's a genocide because we hurt their feelings.
>>
>>1542818
eeh I would say that Britain like the US has done more good than harm in its time. This is just my opinion though. In the interest of remaining on top in europe the british had to smooth talk, lie, cheat, and ham fistedly make war on others to beat the rest down as a managerial tactic, not out of strict malice. The whole 'eternal anglo' meme is just resentment and banter from other countries who've been subject to this. Until the first world war, people forget there was like a century of relative peace due to Britain's supremacy and vigilance. Once the first world war shattered this and after the US was needed in the interest of itself and others after the second world war to assume the mantle of world police, Britain stopped meddling. Europe is a tough place, and if you're not doing the fucking, you're getting fucked.
>>
>>1542799

after the civil war notherners assumed full political control over the south and proceeded to seize southern property and businesses arbitrarily. opportunist yankees flooded south to capitalize. unemployment rose dramatically in the south as the plantation economy started to collapse.

Southerners were economically, politically, and culturally dispossessed by reconstruction. it was like a soft genocide
>>
>>1542861
>plantation economy started to collapse.
>Implying this is a bad thing

>Southerners were economically, politically, and culturally dispossessed by reconstruction.
>implying they didn't deserve this after what they did
I also doubt this was severe and lasted long in the first place, since the South was politically and culturally very autonomous and influential in the XXth century.

Not American, but Southerners were spoiled brats compared to other rebels in history. Separatism and treason is no joke, especially after waging a war for so long.

If this had happened in Europe, the confederated would have been slaughtered like animals or deported and basically annihilated.
R.E.Lee would have been hanged as a traitor and his name forever considered shameful.
The fact is the Yankees were way to soft.
>>
>>1542934
The fact that we still allow inbred trash to wave their traitor flag shows just how patient and kind we are.
>>
>>1542789
cuck
>>
>>1542952
whatever makes you feel warm inside yank
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.