[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are many examples of Christian churches that were converted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Hagia_Sophia_Mars_2013.jpg (178KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Hagia_Sophia_Mars_2013.jpg
178KB, 1024x684px
There are many examples of Christian churches that were converted into mosques as Islam spread through the Mediterranean, but what about the opposite? Are there any purpose-built mosques in the Iberian and Balkan peninsulas that were made into Christian churches following the dissolution of the Muslim empires in those areas?
>>
Because we tend to blow them up
t.Bulgarian
>>
They usually get destroyed
Smh Christians so wasteful

And don't most former church mosques also have a church in them for Christians?? They are usually in pretty secular nations
>>
the mosque cathedral of cordoba in spain
>>
I prefer Christian churches that get turned into secular buildings.

t.Europe
>>
Lots of mosques were converted into cathedrals during Reconquest
>>
In the Balkans they were mostly destroyed, but not all of them. Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, former Mosque of Pasha Qasim in Pecs, Hungary is probably the best preserved one.
>>
File: dsc_0046_7_8_tonemapped_1.jpg (896KB, 2000x1297px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0046_7_8_tonemapped_1.jpg
896KB, 2000x1297px
>>1542840
interior.
>>
There are also some smaller ones around the region. Like the All Saints church in Đakovo, Croatia. You can see where the minaret used to stand. Also, you can see that they added the front of the church to the mosque.
>>
File: crkva-svih-svetih.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
crkva-svih-svetih.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
>>1542848
interior
>>
Mezquita-catedral de Córdoba
>>
>>1542848
>>1542841
>>1542840
>>1542856
>>1542852

nice, islamic architecture turned into churches with added christian icon makes my dick hard. are there any example like this but in middle east?
>>
>>1542693
Hagia Sophia is a secular museum for last 90 years tho
>>
>>1542841
All those idols, fucking cringe...
>>
>>1542878
t. muslim
>>
Are there any examples of Catholic or Orthodox churches that were turned into Christian churches?
>>
>>1542884
rubble.jpg
>>
>>1542878
Sorry we are getting shit done, prottie boy.
But of course, you are much more at home amongst iconoclastic and iconophobic, book worshipping "we restored the pure version of the faith" fags, arent you?
>>
>>1542875

That won't last for much longer now though, if Erdo-Orcs have their way with it
>>
File: 1470960818003.gif (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470960818003.gif
91KB, 640x480px
>>1542884
Orthodox and Catholic are subcategories of Christianity dude. Read a book other than the one by King James
>>
>>1542895
>responding to bait
>>
>>1542895
They're not Christian, they don't care what scripture says.
>>
>>1542901
faith alone is dead faith
>>
>>1542910
"We teach justification by faith alone, but not a faith that is alone."
-Martin Luther
>>
>>1542889
muslims
>>
>>1542859
>islamic architecture turned into churches with added christian icon makes my dick hard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudéjar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudéjar_Architecture_of_Aragon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Mudéjar
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.