[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any historical equivalents to /r9k/? I don't just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Pepe.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
Are there any historical equivalents to /r9k/? I don't just mean communities of people who just didn't fit in, but ones that actually rejected fitting in, who would cast aspersions on people who were too "normal". I can't really imagine something like that existing without the internet, but on the other hand, all the internet is is a medium, and that those people must have existed in the past.
>>
Most religions have looked down on "worldly" people
>>
File: QYcaDFv.jpg (32KB, 258x259px) Image search: [Google]
QYcaDFv.jpg
32KB, 258x259px
Medieval monasteries were the closest things desu
>>
>>1537756
Diogenes? He might have been the worlds first robot
>>
>>1537756
>actually rejected fitting in
>implying most on /r9k/ wouldn't kill for a chance to be normies, and are just trying to cover up their jealousy
>>
>>1537756
There seems to be a number of historical instances of worshipping some goddesses and having female oracles but otherwise holding women in very low regard, Athens being the obvious one. Perhaps 3DPD is an echo of that same sentiment?
>>
>>1537756
The Paris Commune
>>
File: Hikikomori_,_Hiasuki,_2004.jpg (141KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Hikikomori_,_Hiasuki,_2004.jpg
141KB, 1200x900px
>>1537756
Japs have been doing /r9k/ before /r9k/ even existed.
>>
>>1537756
Sounds like Irish monasteries, Egyptian desert monastic communities or leper colonies.
>>
Probably some Indian mystical tradition. There's like a bazillion and some of them are reaaalllly weird, like that cult of yogis in the Jackass movie that did extreme gross shit like eating shit and bugs and hurting each other.
>>
Will people stop saying Robots are comparable to monks.

The only similarity is that they're both virgins.

Robots are generally incompetent imbeciles, who are lazy and sinful.

Monks were often highly educated, they worked hard and lead a strict lifestyle.
>>
>>1540930
>The only similarity is that they're both virgins.

Not true.

Monks deliberately excluded themselves from society and believed that society at large was made up of idiots.

>Monks were often highly educated, they worked hard and lead a strict lifestyle.

This is also not necessarily true, depending on the monastery. Many monasteries, based on archaeological evidence, were where the elite would dump their autistic, Down's Syndrome or disabled children.
>>
>>1540948
They usually did it for spiritual purpose though, not because they were socially incompetent/rejected by society.

Robots are isolated because they are pathetic

>not necessarily true

Hence I said often rather than always.
>>
>>1540930
A whoooole lot of famous monks were insane hedonists before seeing the light. Makes sense, when you think about it: people who gravitate towards extremely rigid lifestyles very often do so to escape their dark side. There are a lot of teetotalers who have never tasted a drop of liquor, and plenty more who quit drinking the hard way.
>>
File: vile.png (359KB, 486x389px) Image search: [Google]
vile.png
359KB, 486x389px
>>1540723
this basically. I used to bash on normies until I actually got a gf and went to social gatherings instead of sitting in my room resenting those who had functioning lives.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.