[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dr. Johnson.jpg (20KB, 421x512px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Johnson.jpg
20KB, 421x512px
"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1536227
He who wishes to make a man of himself must resist their beastly urges.
>>
>>1536227
something like this I imagine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs
>>
It's easy to prey upon society, and take your personal failures out on other people.

It's harder to move on after making mistakes, and continuously rededicate yourself to making the world a better place.
>>
I TRYEEAHYEEAHYEE

TO DRIVE ON THROUGH THE NIGHYEET
>>
>>1536339
kek first thing that came to mind
>>
>>1536227
Well, read through the lens of pic related, he meant that in order to become a man in the eyes of society, one must be able to restrain himself. He needs to stop sleeping around, marry his wife, raise and provide his children, control himself emotionally, sexually, and physically, and generally "domesticate" himself.

Now, the very act of repression that man must submit himself to is the source of said "pain". You can see that our modern generation of young men, when given the choice between domestication and adulthood in the eyes of society (marriage), or freedom and extended adolescence, universally choose the later.

This "pain" shows that the biological male human, with his intense short-term sexual needs, violence, independent nature, and occasional apathy towards his children, is not the perfect creature to assume the role of the masculine patriarch necessary for the development and stability of civilization.

Without strong societal pressure, men show little impulse to stay around their mates even when they have sired children. This can be seen with the colossal single-motherhood rate among African-Americans.
>>
File: Blood Meridian.jpg (22KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Meridian.jpg
22KB, 389x600px
>>1537254
Shit, forgot pic.
>>
>>1536227
Read berserk. It's all explained
>>
>>1536227
looks like had a tummy acke.
>>
>>1536227
>He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHS3qJdxefY

>Songs that aged well
>>
>>1536339
THE WINDS AND [SOMETHING] WEATHER
THE BARREN EMPTY SIIIYYHHEETTT
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.