[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about genetic engineering in the near future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (744KB, 5326x3995px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
744KB, 5326x3995px
What does /his/ think about genetic engineering in the near future for humanity? Also do you think it will be readily available to the general public or something that is restricted to a few elites?
>>
>>1532011
horrendous implications but once the technology is out of pandoras box there's no putting it back.

genetic manipulation is the most powerful force we know of, even more than the atom bomb.

the possibilities are unimaginable as are the risks.

what I see most likely is "state sanctioned" manipulation of children to remove risks for illnesses for one, then beyond that every parent requesting their children be manipulated to be strong/smart/handsome and so on.
the end result is a society of clones in effect where everyone thinks the same, funcitons the same, and on a genetic level is more or less the same.

Liberals without spout on about how this creates an equal society when really we become a society of slaves who all think along the same lines and can be controlled in the same ways.

worse is if governments put genetic behavioral controls on people in an effort to prevent "violence" or "crime" or whatever nonsense, again making people more easily controlled.

in the long term natural births become a gamble because of all this genetic manipulation we don't know how stable it will be over generations, not to mention inevitable black market cheap-o manipulation utterly contaminating the gene-pool

all in all it means less human freedom and more grave issues.
>>
>>1532011
would be more appropriate for >>>/sci/ to be honest, they know more about the science, its availability and applicability and so on
>>
>>1532034

>Liberals without spout on about how this creates an equal society

Can people drop this strawman liberal/conservative bullshit?
>>
>>1532045
this is what will happen however
eliminate genetic inequality
make everyone equal, a perfect human herd
>>
>>1532045
Once liberals drop the "equality" bullshit
>>
I want someone to fix the genetic defects in dog breeds so they stop suffering and then not touch it ever again. Too dangerous.
>>
>>1532011

You've been influenced too much by science fiction, kid.
>>
>>1532059
>>1532337
You guys do realise liberals are against this kind of technology because muh ethics in tampering with DNA and muh inequality between augs and non-augs, right? Just thought I'd tell you so you'd stop making a fool of yourselves.
>>
China will get the genes for super intelligence, strength, attractiveness, penis size, etc. Everyone will have to have mandatory genetic modification to meet the new standard. The west will have to do this too in order to compete with Chinese superhumans, but it will be harder to implement in the west. Tbh it's only one part of transhumanism. Far more potent is the potential to become a cyborg with machine parts. This is much harder to do on the same scale as genetic engineering however.
>>
>>1532365
you do realize that many countries have socialized medicine and augmentation will become a "social right" like vaccinations
>>
>>1532439
you do realize "socialized medicine" has NOTHING to do with whether a medical/technological procedure will get approved to be applied by the people of a country?

I also hope that you are not implying universal health care is a bad thing, what the fuck
>>
>>1532034

To be honest, I think genetic manipulation is going to create an upper upper upper class out of the top 1% (because they have the money for it).

Unless you can create an actual "engineering" solution that is "affordable" within the means of the masses.

In which case I predict a lot of six-boobed women with stegotopyia(sp?) and triple-penised men who look identical to Michael Phelps.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.