[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were Daoists the NEET's of their time? Believing in non

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: daoist-meditate-in-cave.png (243KB, 440x292px) Image search: [Google]
daoist-meditate-in-cave.png
243KB, 440x292px
Were Daoists the NEET's of their time?

Believing in non action, withdrawal from politics and court, to seize striving and living a simple life, education and human involvement being a "sin"

as one of their books say "you do not have to look out your window to know the world"
>>
>>1528990
Taoists dont believe in non action, they believe in not acting before nature. Its such a varied religion with so many different sects and beliefs that its hard to nail down

If you dont think taoists were very active, look at the yellow turban rebellion.
>>
>>1528990
>non action
>he thinks Taoism advocates not doing anything

Western cucks who can't into eastern philosophy will never not be funny
>>
>>1528990

Nah, taoists do stuff, they just try to act in harmony with nature.

Zen Buddhists are the OG NEETS, they literally sit in their parents basement doing nothing.
>>
A lot of present day NEETs are not NEET through choice.

To compare the two is completely stupid and short-sighted.
>>
>>1528990
I dunno, the Wudang Monastery involves a lot of training & studying of the Tao.

NEET means Not in Employment/Education/Training remember?

But yeah, The Conservative Confucian Scholarly classes tend to see Taoists (and Buddhist Monks) that way. Whenever Taoist Mystics aren't leading silly cult revolts that is.
>>
>>1528990
There's nothing more laborious than trying to avoid society. NEETs live by being social parasites, they're the opposite of daoists.
>>
based Dao 10/10 cosmology and ethics desu
>>
>>1531309
They live according to nature. Only their nature is to be a parasite.
>>
>>1531314
Taoism is beyond based
>>
File: Dreadlocked White Man.jpg (54KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadlocked White Man.jpg
54KB, 500x707px
>Dude, one time, hehe, one time, I dreamt I was a butterfly.
>Like, a butterfly man, flying and being as butterfly as I can be.
>Like, so butterfly I am not myself.
>But then I wake up, like, I'm myself again, you know?
>And then I was like, whoooooa, am I a butterfly dreaming I was myself? Or me dreaming I was a butterfly
>Like
>Hwoaaah.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.