[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be viking >raid Irish monasteries >Irish monks get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: vikang.jpg (40KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
vikang.jpg
40KB, 850x1133px
>be viking
>raid Irish monasteries
>Irish monks get their shit together and hire monastery levies to protect them
>get rekt by said levies twice

lmao so much for ''they excelled in raiding'' excuse for sucking in pitched battles apparently the only thing they excelled at is running away
>>
File: 4.jpg (34KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
34KB, 300x416px
>be vikings
>build the only important Irish cities
>irish chimp out
>defend yourself against irish barbarians
>more and more irish savages keep coming
>eventually forced out
>>
File: norstead-viking-village.jpg (47KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
norstead-viking-village.jpg
47KB, 550x412px
>>1528717
>implying vikings were civilized

lmao their ''architecture'' is Africa tier
>>
>>1528731
Compared to the irish? Yes they were
>>
>>1528737
I see no fucking difference to be honest. In what regard? They had better ships and that's about it.
>>
File: Viking_Ireland.png (8KB, 292x274px) Image search: [Google]
Viking_Ireland.png
8KB, 292x274px
>>1528743
In the regard that the only Irish cities of note were build by Vikings
>>
What if the Irish monks developed a unique fighting style to defend themselves and taught it to worthy students from all over Britain?
>>
>>1528753
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataireacht
>>
>>1528760
I'm surprised japanese didn't make manga about ebin irish stick fighting guy wanting revenge on vikings after they killed his mother yet.
>>
>>1528737
No, just better organized and led by leaders who've shared a common goal.

The Eastern Slavs who've participated in the creation of the Kievan Rus were vastly better at building large, walled urban settlements than their Varangian counterparts, but they were still defeat by the Varangians, tribe by tribe.
>>
>>1528746

>Limerick
>Waterford

>better than Galway

HOHOHOHOHOHOH
>>
>>1528731
looks comfy desu famalam
>>
>>1528809
Nigger.
>>
>>1528760
>you will never meet a blind Bataireacht master
>you will never study under him
>you will never win the affections of a shy nun
>you will never walk into the church to find him dead with a stick lodged in his back
>you will never learn it was an old student turned evil mercenary
>you will never battle vikings, picts, anglos, and the odd frankish adventurer in a tournament on the enemy's private island
>you will assemble allies
>you will never duel him while shirtless and covered in blue swirly celtic tattoos
>>
>>1528818
Why are you so upset?
>>
>>1528822
If someone posted the same pic and said it's a slavic or celtic or niggeric hut you would mock it and call it garbage but since it's norse then suddenly shacks are comfy.
>>
>>1528844
Summer cottage culture is very strong in my country and I find that hut pretty comfy looking.
Would spend a week in that/10.
>>
>>1528620
>Irish
>Beating anything

Maybe their wives or kids.
>>
File: rock_of_cashel.jpg (99KB, 1280x800px)
rock_of_cashel.jpg
99KB, 1280x800px
>>1528746
By the time those trading ports had become cities the Vikings were long gone.
>>
>>1529081
And? The reason they developed to important cities eventually was their beginnings as centers of viking trade
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.