[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>38 million people died for no reason why was this allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ww1.jpg (28KB, 550x370px) Image search: [Google]
ww1.jpg
28KB, 550x370px
>38 million people died for no reason
why was this allowed to happen?
>>
>>1526376

I have mix feelings
turks being buttraped is definitly a plus
communism is a negative
I say it was worth it
>>
>>1526376
38 million people died trying to stop it
>>
>>1526376
it didn't.
>>
An enormous conflagration doesn't happen for no reason.
>>
Anglo butthurt mostly
>>
>>1526376
to scare the fuck out of the natives
>>
>le WWI happened for no reason

Stop this awful meme. Just because the lid blew over one dude getting shot doesn't mean the pot wasn't boiling for a long time.
>>
>>1530393

I think OP means there was zero actually good reasons for it.

Europeans have been fighting pointless retarded conflicts with each other for thousands of years and only stopped in 1946, it's part of their DNA.
>>
>>1532047
>Stopped
Yeah no.
>>
>>1528374
>>1530387
>>1530393
maybe if you weren't such a kike shill you would have know better
>>
>>1532077

>implying Balkan failed states sliding into anarchy and the cold war count
>>
>>1532047
>DNA
No
>>
File: 1400231023326.jpg (32KB, 558x640px)
1400231023326.jpg
32KB, 558x640px
>>1526376
>for no reason
This "le ww1 was pointless" meme needs to stop. On one side we had German agression, on the other side we had those who were either the victims of German agression or tried to contain it. It was not "meaningless".

The left hates it because people in various nations, especially France, united together as a nation, fueled by nationalist fervour, in the defense of their homeland. And to the cosmopolitan left this is detestable unless there's a clear "bad guy" like Hitler. Even during WW1 itself, the communist were pulling their hairs out of their heads, wondering why the French, British and German proletariat kept fighting eachother instead of uniting and overthrowing their own bourgeoise.

WW1 proved the power of nationalism in the defense of a nation, and that's why it needs to be demonized and made "pointless". As if a wr needs to have a fucking point other than the goals the respective parties try to achieve.

>>1532047
>I think OP means there was zero actually good reasons for it.
I don't know, Germany is a pretty good fucking reason.
>>
>>1526385
>communism

if you mean the Russian Revolution, that happened mostly due to domestic circumstnaces
you can argue it would not have the same success/outcome, especially if Lenin remained stuck in exile, but considered the unworkable state Russia was in and how disjointed the anti-communist forces were during the civil war I'd say who the fuck knows

meanwhile, the postwar revolutionary wave was a failure so you have that
>>
>>1532568

I think you mean it showed how nationalism was harnessed by the nobility and various governments in order to trick the lower classes into fighting to maintain their possessions.
>>
>>1532927
Da tovarich, it had nothing to do with the French not wanting to be Germans.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.