[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-08-08-16-48-34-614439808.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-08-16-48-34-614439808.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

War? Trade?

Both societies had different elements but they had expert-tier military
>>
NOSOTROS
>>
Not much given the difficulty of navigating from one to the other.

You'd end up with the relationship that Rome had with China.
>>
>>1524232
Nobody has foresight, give it up lad.
>>
>>1524243
The Aztecs tried to expand as much as they could, maybe they could take Central America and make expeditions into South America, because the Inca were not interested on expanding to north.

Navigating wasn't a problem neither since they had efficient explorers that could travel many kilometes in a matter of days
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 604x483px
>>1524232
Nope!
The Darian Gap
Get a grip
We still can't drive from Pt. Barrow to Tierra del Fuego
>>
>>1524300
It's the sheer distance I'm worried about here.

Even if they know each other exist, neither trade or war will be profitable, because of those transportation costs.

They'd probably send each other nice postcards or something.
>>
>>1524242
ÉRAMOS
>>
>>1524232
They actually exchanged goods with each other, albeit through several proxy cultures in the middle. I think an Incan copper axe ended up in the northern reaches of the Aztec Empire.
>>
>>1524345
ROYALE
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 191x264px
>>1524439
>They actually exchanged goods with each other
[citation needed]
Please
>>
>>1524439
This would make sense.

Typically you get traders that individually only travel a small distance, but then they sell to another guy, who moves the goods further to the destination, and so on.

So you have every really fashionable Roman having silk and porcelain, when there's really no Roman Marco Polo or Commodore Perry around.
>>
>>1524449
Sorry, I don't remember where I read that. It was somewhere on wikipedia I think.
>>
>>1524232
>they had expert-tier military
xD
If you think fighting fake wars makes your military exemplary, I have something to tell you.

>flower wars create good warriors
xD
>>
>>1524448
The correct word to use here would be reyes.
>>
>>1524560
Explain yourself
>>
File: Accounts.png (79KB, 936x553px) Image search: [Google]
Accounts.png
79KB, 936x553px
>>1524560
xd
>>
>>1524448
Correct way is NOSOTROS ERAMOS REALEZA
The only perk of living most of your life in a US colony
t.american that lived his entire childhood in Puerto Rico
>>
>>1524449
Not that anon but I have read about that. Was a indirectly trade, mediated by the central americans indigenous people. I'm going to search by the text, but at least some inca and mesoamerican pottery was found in central america taht look like trade centers.
>>
>>1524449
Not the Incas but I read that the Purepecha in Western Mexico recieved traders in the port of Zacatula, from far way lands in the south. Curiously, the Purepecha have many similarities to the Andean cultures in Ecuador.
>>
File: 403_03_2.jpg (118KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
403_03_2.jpg
118KB, 750x490px
>>1524232
> What could've happen if the Aztec and Inca empires met together?

They would have needed boats, as canoes wouldn't cut it and an overland route wasn’t viable.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.