[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw saved the Empire from filthy barbarians >your nephew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1589795.jpg (125KB, 449x640px) Image search: [Google]
1589795.jpg
125KB, 449x640px
>mfw saved the Empire from filthy barbarians
>your nephew outshined you.
>people remembered him over you
>>
Caesar is more famous than Augustus you sperg.
>>
>>1522567
There was no empire, you double nigger. Augustus is remembered because he founded the empire. Caesar did not save the Republic but end it with his dictator for life schtick.
>>
Literally everyone knows Caesar
>>
>>1522575
This.

A lot of people I know think Julius was emperor when Jesus was crucified
>>
>>1522576
t.pompey
>>
>>1522582
Nice meme.
Seriously, what did Caesar do to save the Republic? How did turning his arms against Rome itself and declaring himself dictator for life aid him? He didn't even have Napoleon's excuse of the Republic being attacked from all sides and being unable to cope with it, the Republic was never grander and safer than it was when Caesar knocked it down.
>>
>>1522575
This

>>1522567
Caesar is way more famous.
>>
>>1522567
the title emperor in most languages including latin is derived from Caesars name.
No remembers that there was a title augusti
>>
>>1522590
Have you read commentario de bello gallico? He sure tried to make it sounds like he was saving the republic from all the barbs.
>>
>>1522790
>Have you read Caesar's own propaganda piece?
What's wrong here?

>He sure tried to make it sounds like he was saving the republic from all the barbs.
Of course. Which is why he crossed the Rubicon AFTER Rome's borders were pushed far beyond the alps. He did not become dictator to put the gauls down, he put the gauls down to become dictator.
>>
>>1522567
>all these people not realizing OP is talking of Marius and his nephew Caesar
Shameful performance, /his/.
>>
>>1522817
>Sulla totaly didn't happen
>>
File: Marius_Glyptothek_Munich_319.jpg (3MB, 1518x2343px) Image search: [Google]
Marius_Glyptothek_Munich_319.jpg
3MB, 1518x2343px
>mfw saved the Empire from filthy barbarians
>your nephew outshined you.
>people remembered him over you
>>
>>1522834
Sulla wasn't Caesar's uncle.
>>
>>1522567
I will always remember you Marius.
>>
>>1522882
I think that Sulla was Caeser's father in law or something.
>>
While it is true that Augustus was more successful on the absolute scale, he is still less impressive than Caesar subjectively. What I'm trying to say is that, if you compare where the two started and where they ended Caesar is much more impressive. Caesar was clearly more capable than Augustus.
>>
>>1525366
augustus is great because he crowned and solidified all of caesar's accomplishments. nobody ever does that, they always fuck it up or roll it and bring shame unto their predecessor.
>weekend at bernie's 2
>george bush 2
>edward II
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.