[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Hitler so obsessed with Prussian Nationalism and reclaiming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why was Hitler so obsessed with Prussian Nationalism and reclaiming historical Prussian lands when he was Austrian-Bavarian?
>>
>>1517850
Because he was Germanic who sympathized and support his fellow Germans.
>>
>>1517853
But Brits are also Germanic then.
>>
>>1517850
He probably wasn't. He had to pander to Prussian feelings to get the military elite on his side.
>>
>>1517868
Hitler never wanted war with the British.
>>
>>1517850

Not Prussian lands, German ones. Sure, those Germans considered themselves Prussian, but after 1871 Prussia became a part of Germany,

Not to mention that his ambition reached a little further then only the historically geerman lands.
>>
>>1517899
>>1517899
>>>1517850 (OP)
>Not Prussian lands, German ones. Sure, those Germans considered themselves Prussian, but after 1871 Prussia became Germany.
Ftfy
>>
>>1517887
He was though. Frederick the Great was even his personal hero.
>>
>>1517850
He ran out of Austrian-Bavarian lands to reclaim.
>>
>>1518099
Which is a bit ironic since old Fritz was gay
>>
The only thing Hitler liked about Prussia was it's militarism. He hated everything else about it.
>>
>>1518145
Pretty terrible at grand strategy just like Hitler though.
>>
>>1517850
He, like Bismarck, wanted to unite the German people under one flag. This extended to Germanics as well, those whom he felt were in line with the Germanic mentality and were compatible with his vision of society according to his racial theory of behavior.
>>
>>1518169
His vision was modeled more on America than Bismarck. Nazis, being from the 20th century, cared less about "Germanics" than becoming the next America, i.e. a sizeable country with a viable domestic market, and saw eastward expansion as its own Manifest Destiny.
The nationalist rhetoric was just thrown into appease the plebs and, apparently, it's still working.
>>
>>1518175
a lot easier to conquer the stone age with cannon then it is russia.
>>
>>1518175
Agreed, I was just making the point of Greater Deutschland to OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.