[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is consciousness a product of the human brain, or is the human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Tesla_circa_1890[1].jpg (474KB, 940x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_circa_1890[1].jpg
474KB, 940x1260px
Is consciousness a product of the human brain, or is the human brain a receiver of conciousness?
>>
Both
>>
Anyone who says product could potentially be right in as much as they are speaking for themselves since a perspective so hopelessly primitive might as well have exclusively material origins.
>>
>>1513762

>not knowing of Boltzmann brain or Spinoza's System of the universe

also try to observe nature more closely next time....

here is a snippet as to what you may encounter:
There's something about ants.

They do all kind of things that we consider intelligent and at the same time we fail to recognize such things as actual intelligence due to our fixation with brain size. Ants build cities, functional cities that adress structural needs, if the anthill isn't properly build, it fails and collapses, how can the ants supervise the structure?

Many things about ants are strange, they have self preservation insticts, they can work as a single individual, but they choose or are forced to work as society, with many of the elements that we find in a human society, division of labor, nurseries, and a military force, that does the double task of defending against external threats and to maintain an internal peace.

How do they know all of this?

The common explanaition is genetic memory, a genetic memory extremely complex that's available to every ant, but I'm inclined to think that there's more to it, I believe that they devised a way to pass knowledge from generation to generation, and to improve upon said knowledge.

The only reason to not believe in this, is to believe that their brains aren't complex enough, but I think that we don't really understand how their brains work, or what they're really capable of.
>>
A mix of the two. However most of the stuff that goes on the brain is unconscious. The portion of it that is conscious, that you have control and awareness over, is in the minority.
>>
>>1513762
Let's consider the latter case. How else would consciousness be able to be received? Through what other medium or filter? Is the brain only a sufficient receiver for consciousness, or a necessary one?
>>
The sophisticated structure of the brain produces what we call "consciousness".

The same way the structure of salts forms crystals, structure of molecules forms tissues, the structure of protons and electrons forms atoms, etc.
>>
>>1515518
>>1515531
>How else would consciousness be able to be received?
quantum entanglement and superposition as it relates to >>1514514

the brain/neurons operate at a quantum level ie something greater than quantum computing

physical correlate of the logical thinking process is at the classically describable level of the brain, while the basic thinking process is at the quantum-theoretically describable level."[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_theories_of_consciousness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cognition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_brain_dynamics
>>
>>1513762
our true identity is the ultimate witness that experiences all phenomenological experience. Neurons may fire when you taste something but there is an ultimate 'I' that experiences the sensation. I don't think this ultimate I is located in the brain. I think it is just the ground of all consciousness and we can identify with it. That's how I understand it.
>>
hey OP

Im just wondering if you misspelled brane
>>
>>1515573
All of this still requires a brain, so I don't see your point.
>>
>>1513762
One of these options is a whole hell of a lot more complicated than the other.
>>
>>1513762
The problem with this question is that "consciousness" is not the right word to use here because it has presumptions attached to it. Something better would be:

Is being a product of the human brain, or does the human brain act in accordance with being?
>>
>>1513762
consciousness is the software of the robot to get food and so that the robot maintains and doesn't starve

so, yeah, we are nothing important and yet we accomplished so much
>>
>>1518707
Our brain so far is the most complex computer/system/object that we know of. I think thats pretty important.

But yeah all this "but humans can't be just matter because I feel oh so special" is justcontinuing in the proud tradition of thinking we are the center of the universe. Fuckin childish horseshit.
All of these delusions will just vanish when the first AI is build that is just indistinguishable from a human.

So its not even worth arguing with all this /x/type shit, they'll just disapear under the wheels of progress like the flat earthers and creationists and be just another joke.
>>
>>1513762
Consciousness is just another process in the human mind.
I ask you, how would an unconscious mind be able to recognize when it's processes are running incorrectly? How would one identify that they are drunk, high, poisoned or bleeding out if the brain wasn't constantly monitoring the other parts of itself?
Then I ask you how it would go about that.
It would make sense that it would receive a sort of summary of all of the other processes of the mind and then compare them with how the singles it is received now compare to signals it has received in the past.
Green must look green, apples must smell like apples and leather must feel like leather because if it didn't, then something has gone wrong.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.