[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound insane, But what if we made the spears longer?
>>
>>1512845
Less control, more force.
>>
File: Archidamos.jpg (142KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Archidamos.jpg
142KB, 800x1200px
>>1512845

God fucking damn it Philip stop with your bohemian pike shit, it will never catch on.
>>
how long can you make a spear before it stops working, anyway
>>
>>1512845
overcompensating again phil?
>>
>>1512858
40 kilometers
>>
>>1513034
Meant to reply to >>1512877
>>
>>1512845
>he doesn't know there were people who made their spears longer before Phillip
>he doesn't know about Iphicrates
>he is ignorant but tries to meme
laughtingwenches.tif
>>
>>1512877
Depends on the tensile strength of the wood you're using. Usually around 14-18 feet.
>>
>>1512877

You'd probably make it too heavy and ineffective first. The Macedonians were already at the point that they had to make shields that hung from their neck/shoulder so they could use both hands with their spears.

Not sure about Iphicrates's shields.
>>
>>1512877
8ft tends to be the size of one handed, but two handed can be upwards of 20 ft
>>
What if we mounted the spears on rolling carts?
>>
>>1512845
Way ahead of you.

t. Athens.
>>
>>1513418
That spear is obviously way too long. Our ancestors that fought at Marathon would never have defeated the Persians with such flimsy spears.
>>
File: 398.jpg (30KB, 250x211px)
398.jpg
30KB, 250x211px
>>1512845
It'll never work you hack.

t.Demosthenes
>>
>spears
>mfw i see a thread full of plebs
>>
>>1515594
>chariots
>your army unit is obliterated by non-flat terrain
lmao you can keep to your deserts, while the real empires conquer the rest of the world
>>
File: Miltiades.png (211KB, 440x794px)
Miltiades.png
211KB, 440x794px
>>1512845
All right guys just hear me out. I know this is going to sound insane, But what if we placed more hoplites on the flanks of our formation and left our center paper thin?
>>
>>1515608
>implying i can't flaten the terrain with slaves
Thanks for confirming my suspicion you dirty savage
>>
>>1515661
You have many slaves, but few warriors. It won't be long before they fear my spears more than your whips.
>>
>>1515615
Oh yeah? And what else, tell your soldiers to run 1500 meters in full armor? Fuck off, dumbass.
>>
File: Madman.png (664KB, 527x686px)
Madman.png
664KB, 527x686px
Hey guys, hear me out. What if we stack up our best troops and throw them at the Spartans best troops. Yes I realise this will leave our weaker troops exposed. No I havent been drinking
>>
File: Caravaggio.jpg (1MB, 1192x1583px) Image search: [Google]
Caravaggio.jpg
1MB, 1192x1583px
Yo what if we painted people like people instead of like paintings

Nah I'm good I think Annibale wanted to hit it though
>>
>>1512845
Hey, Persia here, we're just gonna borrow that concept and add them with horsies, thanks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.