[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Irish never engage in colonialism/imperialism? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 16

File: 1470232566350.png (91KB, 501x684px) Image search: [Google]
1470232566350.png
91KB, 501x684px
Why did the Irish never engage in colonialism/imperialism?

Are they ashamed of being the only western European nation that never had colonial possessions?
>>
>>1506563
The Irish were never a nation until the 20th century.
>>
Colonial empires were memes and nothing to be proud of.

>"""""conquering""""" natives and niggers
>>
>>1506565
This.

It wasn't a proper country until 1937.
>>
>>1506574
> says increasing wrong man in English
>>
>>1506563
>Are they ashamed of being the only western European nation that never had colonial possessions?
Proud of this actually. Lack of shame would perhaps be a better way of putting it

>>1506565
>nation
The word you are looking for is state famalam
>>
>>1506563
They colonized US though
>>
File: brian_boru_victorian.jpg (418KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
brian_boru_victorian.jpg
418KB, 800x1136px
>>1506565
>tfw Brian Boruma almost unified Ireland in the 9th century but he got shanked by the Eternal Meatball
>>
They were not independent the Irish state did not have colonies of it's own. But Irish make up a large percentage of the settler populations in USA, Canada, NZ and Australia. Infact Celtic people were disproportionately involved in British colonization.
>>
>>1506600
>implying the english are not more celtic than germanic
>>
>>1506600
The British are Celts, bro.
>>
>>1506617
>He fell for the English are Brits meme
>>
>>1506617

No they aren't.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Isles-Professor-Bryan-Sykes/dp/0593056523

>The contribution of the Celts of Central Europe to the genetic makeup of Britain and Ireland was minimal; most of the genetic contribution to the British Isles of those we think of as Celtic, came from western continental Europe, i.e. the Atlantic seaboard.
>>
>>1506625
>>1506628
> The largest cluster accounted for half the participants and occupies almost the whole of eastern and southern England and most of the Midlands. This turned out to be the genetic legacy of the Anglo-Saxon invasions. Even so, at least 60 per cent of the DNA in the cluster had survived from earlier migrants

60% pre-Anglo-Saxon

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530134-300-ancient-invaders-transformed-britain-but-not-its-dna/
>>
File: guanxi_disgust_expression.jpg (26KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
guanxi_disgust_expression.jpg
26KB, 440x250px
>>1506592
>Ua Briain
>>
>>1506565
They were definitely a nation. They had a common culture, language, law and identity. They weren't a state, but there was a loose sense or being Gaelic that transcended their political divisions.

If you wanted to stretch the definition of imperialism there were Irish colonies in Scotland and Wales during the early middle ages, though those are more comparable to Greek colonies of antiquity than early modern imperial colonies.

In the 17th century, Earl of Tyrconnell, Richard Talbot, wanted to divide the Irish parliament from Westminster entirely so that Ireland could control their own affairs; control their own trade, their own taxes, etc. So under that system they might have tried their hand at colonialism. But after the Jacobites were defeated there was no chance of that happening
>>
>>1506628
>>1506642

Nice job confusing culture and DNA you sperg
>>
>>1506642
>The insights come from a study of DNA samples donated by 2039 Caucasian people from around the UK.

Not big enough tbqh

I demand a meta-analysis
>>
Because they are a sissy race

born and bred to be submissive to the Anglo master
>>
>>1506653
The original claim was that 'Brits are Celtic'; no one mentioned culture, you moron.

>>1506656
> meta-analysis
> real science
>>
>>1506563
>Why did the Irish never engage in colonialism/imperialism
Didn't have the opportunity.

No, and as a result Ireland is mostly ethnically homogenous today rather than being filled with niggers and mudslimes.
>>
>>1506592
>Eternal Meatball

what?
>>
File: 397.jpg (63KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
397.jpg
63KB, 447x400px
>>1506663
>one of the most resistant and anti-british peoples (even today) who literally revolted nearly once every generation
>born and bred to be submissive to the anglo master
top kek
>>
>>1506665
>single study of 2039 people
>enough to determine the genetic ancestry of Britain
>>
>>1506738
they're just being tsundere
>>
>>1506719
Maybe he means Italians ? But idk why the fuck italians would bother assassinating a random irishman like this
>>
>>1506755
swedes
>>
File: barricade.jpg (62KB, 721x480px) Image search: [Google]
barricade.jpg
62KB, 721x480px
>tfw you will never, EVER, fight for your country's independence
>tfw you will never tell your grandchildren stories about how you fought for Ireland to control her own destiny, never to be ruled by the Brits again
damn son where'd I find these feels
>>
>>1506563
They colonised Liverpool in England, Glasgow in Scotland and Boston in the US.
>>
>>1506796
>grandson I used to swallow cum and receive dick to the ass, but don't worry I dumped that guy
>>
>>1506738
Anime isn't real
>>
Ireland was a colony.
>>
>>1506796
>Where once you watched the small free birds fly
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>1506796
>>1506823
>>
>tfw you will never know the glory and power of having subject peoples
>>
>>1506835
>ifunny
epin friend
>>
>>1506612
Burger here, we have far more Irish than Anglo-Saxons
>>
>>1506628
>>1506642
It's funny how every time there is a study on English genetics they have more Anglo-Saxon DNA than the last
>>
>>1506647
>English/gaelic language divide
>Catholic/protestant religious divide
>British/irish identity divide
>Northern and southern ireland divide to this day

Still not a nation even now
>>
>>1506563
Irish, welsh, scots - most KEKED peoples on earth

speaking the language of their conqueror as first instead of their own

it's pathetic
>>
>>1507229
Like the Indians?
>>
>>1506589
Are you Irish or Irish-American? Being ashamed of Europeans rightfully asserting their supremacy is mind boggling to me.
>>
>>1507234
Indians are not homogeneous and use English to unify the different groups linguistically.

There's no reason for Irish welsh and scots not to speak their own languages
>>
>>1507229
Maist Scots spak thair ain leid stile :^)

In all seriousness it's not that bad in Wales, and the extent of linguistic oppression in Ireland has probably not been seen in any other European nation. Even the French and Russians weren't as bad as the English. It's a miracle Irish survived at all.
>>
>>1507229
Don't forget Basques, Belarusians, Bretons and Catalans.
>>
>>1507227
The Catholic/Protestant religious divide and British/Irish divide are basically the same thing and only relevant in NI.

Saying not having NI makes Ireland not a nation is the equivalent of saying not having Prussia anymore makes Germany not a nation.
>>
>>1507242
I can admire übermensch who took enormous risks in search of their fortunes in the new world, though not the imperialism spook.

If anyone deserves pride and credit it is a tiny minority of scientists and various artisans who discovered things that boosted the economy and military.
>>
Literally all it takes for a nation to be is to have its ethnonym exist and for people to describe themselves using it

as soon as someone says they are irish, than that's that

I could become irish the minute I decided to call myself Irish

It's all it takes, but not having people subscribe to the name literally means the nation doesn't exist/stopped existing
>>
>>1507242
Irish. We are by far and away the most self satisfied nationality, and knowing we didn't fuck anyone over is a small part of that.

Sure everyone loves us <3 <3
>>
>>1506589
>Proud of this actually.
This. It's like being the only guy on your block who never mugged someone.
>>
>>1507298
>guy on your block
^Check out this fucking yankee doodle dandy^
>>
>>1507294
>I could become irish the minute I decided to call myself Irish
That's now how it works Pavel
>>
Actually the irish did have a bit of an empire. You see the first iberians was ruled by kings who was irish. Tarquinius superbus the last irish king of iberia was overthrown by the iberians who ruled iberia for a couple of centuries. Until sulla the great irish general overthrew the iberians and exterminated them in the social war. Now irish was running iberia again and a iberian wasnt seen in the region again until it was sacked by alaric and the iberians eventually killed or sent the black irish to ireland. Julius caesar was irish
>>
>>1506563
They didn't get the chance due to being invaded by England. If Ireland had resisted invasion they probably would've gone on to become a small colonial power similar to Portugal or the Netherlands.
>>
>>1507295
>and knowing we didn't fuck anyone over is a small part of that.

Only because you never had the power to. It's like being proud of never being a bully (which is pretty fucking gay like); you only get that pride because you never had the power.
>>
>>1507310
how then

it seems to me all it takes for a nation to exist is for people to 'channel' it
>>
File: Black_Irish.jpg (49KB, 404x604px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Irish.jpg
49KB, 404x604px
>>1507315
#woke
>>
>>1507315
lit as fuck muh paddo
>>
>>1507243
They use Hindi though as well.
>>
>>1506563
Why would we be ashamed of being 96% white?
>>
>>1507346
"White"
See >>1507329
>>
File: Scientific_racism_irish.jpg (136KB, 696x378px) Image search: [Google]
Scientific_racism_irish.jpg
136KB, 696x378px
>>1507346
>white
>>
>>1507365
>posting 1840s propaganda as fact
Anglos truly do live in the past.
>>
>>1507365
man these things never cease to amaze me, as well as any kind of propaganda 'meme' others came up with at the time - soviets for example demonizing kulaks etc.

literally using the same tricks to make some group/person look bad pol-fags would use today

It's such a human thing to do I suppose
>>
>>1507315
If your sources include magical cattle I would discredit it
>>
File: ireland for the irish.jpg (26KB, 313x428px) Image search: [Google]
ireland for the irish.jpg
26KB, 313x428px
>>1506563
>>
>>1507396
and it was a way to justify colonization.
>>
>>1507384
that's because we have one beyond bronze age cow thieves and getting fucked up the metaphoric arse
>>
>>1507433
You don't have a future though Abdul.
>>
>>1507439
>>1507433
You too should disappear from this world.

Stop polluting.
>>
File: JoyceUlysses2.jpg (63KB, 585x750px) Image search: [Google]
JoyceUlysses2.jpg
63KB, 585x750px
>>1507229
At least the best English language book was Irish.
>>
>>1507439
I do though paddy, and it involves fucking plump Irish arses in the spirit of my ancestors

>>1507449
Fuck off ya cunt, don't interrupt ethnic banter
>>
>>1507465
So one minute Shakespeare was a black woman, and now he's Irish? jeeze lad
>>
>>1507473
>Shakespeare
>books
Lmaoing at your life
>>
>>1507465
>best english language book

The best English Langauge book is The Trial.

Nice try.
>>
File: TrialKafka.jpg (18KB, 232x341px) Image search: [Google]
TrialKafka.jpg
18KB, 232x341px
>>1507488
The Trial was a German language book.
>>
File: shakespeare_book.jpg (195KB, 673x480px) Image search: [Google]
shakespeare_book.jpg
195KB, 673x480px
>>1507477
yeah, books
>>
>>1507468
>my ancestors
I thought Charlie the Hammer Man stopped them at Tours
>>
>>1506563
Being the only country in Northern and Western Europe that's third world tier makes it hard to colonize overseas.
>>
>>1507501
they never were stopped

going on a lad's holiday to dublin soon, see again the arses I loved so well
>>
>>1507295
this post some mad homosex geesh
>>
>>1506600
this
>>
>>1507295
>Irish
>We are by far and away the most satisifed nationality
By being England's stepping stone for centuries or the fact that you suck French dick for your ***high*** Celtic culture and are losing your Irish tongue to the Eternal Anglo's own?
>>
>>1507584
Ya we smug fucks
>>
>>1507584
Actually the old Irish Kings invented what you call "English" as a scholarly past time. We decided to gift it to the savage English, who were made in an experiment by Jacob the Scientist.
>>
>>1507584
>losing your Irish tongue
cucks haven't lost it yet
it's documented, tons of people know it, they have tv and radio, documents are written in it, it's an official language

it's just that irish are cucks/stupid and don't want to learn it/use it

it could become common place in two generations if they really wanted to do it though
>>
>>1506563
>Why did the Irish never engage in colonialism/imperialism?
because we were a colony

>Are they ashamed of being the only western European nation that never had colonial possessions?
No we're proud.

>the fact that you suck French dick for your ***high*** Celtic culture
???
>>
>>1506563
>Why did the Irish never engage in colonialism/imperialism?
because we were a colony

No we're proud.

>>1507584
>the fact that you suck French dick for your ***high*** Celtic culture
???
>>
>>1506665
>The original claim was that 'Brits are Celtic'; no one mentioned culture, you moron.
Celtic is a cultural term, you moron.
>>
>>1507594
Sure thing, Finn Macc Cool.
>>
>>1506563

The Irish colonized the United States.
>>
>>1507416
And makes it much easier on the conscious to do really bad things against them.
>>
Also, the Irish don't need anything but themselves and their land. They're a perfect people.
>>
>>1506760
axchually they is norwidgians
>>
>>1507815
Then why did the potato faminine happen?
>>
>>1506563
Ayup listen up you probably butthurt anglo, it's hard to take over anything when you're neighbour with the fucking british of all and the bleeding ocean.
>>
>>1507949
Because it rained alot, alot even for Ireland and crops started to mold before they even got up out of the ground due to this. Google it.
>>
>>1506628

there were no celts of central europe
>>
>>1508410
So your statement was false then.

>>1509074
Not necessarily. There is SOME evidence that Proto-Celtics developed in Southern Germany but then the migrating Proto-Germanics pushed them away toward the Alps and into what is modern France, Belgium, parts of northern Italy and Spain and of course the British Isles.
>>
>>1507949
Because of the eternal anglo driving the Irish into poverty with the Penal Laws meaning they could only afford potatoes, and then when the potato blight hit they continued to export food from Ireland.
>>
>>1507509
>Today, the Index of Economic Freedom ranks Ireland the world's third most free country. This liberalisation has transformed Ireland into one of the fastest growing, richest, most developed and peaceful countries on earth, having the fifth highest gross domestic product per capita and the eighth highest gross domestic product per capita considering purchasing power parity,[7] and having the fifth highest Human Development Index rank. The country also boasts the highest quality of life in the world, ranking first in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Quality-of-life index. Ireland was ranked fourth on the Global Peace Index. Ireland also has high rankings for its education system, political freedom and civil rights, press freedom and economic freedom; it was also ranked fourth from the bottom on the Failed States Index, being one of the few "sustainable" states in the world.
Doesn't sound third world to me.
>>
>>1507341
Southern Indians chimp out at any attempt at Making Hindu the Sole Official Language of India
For good reasons given how retarded Hindi Nationalists are
>>
Come out ye Black and Tans come out and fight me like a man
>>

The complete opposite.

In the nationalist song "Come Out Ye Black and Tans", the list of indigenous populations that the British oppressed is spelled out and the plight of the Native Americans, Zulus, Northeast Africans, etc. is compared to the plight of the Irish and the Irish take the side of the oppressed peoples in their opposition to British influence.
>>
>>1506563
They were the ones getting colonised. The British perfected the imperial system on the Irish
>>
>>1506563

Austria? Switzerland?
>>
>>1509170
>African countries gain independence from
colonial rule and devolve into shitholes
>Ireland gains independence from colonial rule and becomes a normal functioning European country
Genetics are everything.
>>
>>1509228
Austria has that other thing they're ashamed about.
>>
>>1509222
So they're like a country of tumblr teens?
>>
>>1506563
No they take great pride in not being total scumbags.

NO BLOOD ON OUR HANDS

IRISH GOING STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN

ENJOY HELL ETERNAL ANGLO JEW BANKER
>>
>>1509222
>the list of indigenous populations that the British oppressed is spelled out

COME OUT YE BLACK AND TANS
COME OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN

>come tell us how you slew
>them brave Arabs two by two
>like the Zulus they had spears and bows a and arrows
>tell us how you slew each one
>with your 16 pounder guns
>and you frightened them poor natives to the marrow

https://youtu.be/NmnJ1FZv9ZU
>>
>>1510170
TELL THEM HOW THE IRA MADE YOU RUN AWAY
>>
>>1507295
I just don't get it. Why do people love the most pathetic nation in existence? The shithole of Western Europe. The vast majority of great people born in Ireland were Protestant and wouldn't consider themselves Irish.

>Being born in a stable does not make a man a horse
>>
We're proud because we were never oppressive fucking shitcunts.

We're proud because we welcome refugees,and actually follow our catholic morals.

We're proud because we're extremely close to becoming one of the key players of Europe, as well take the UK's position in the EU.

We were proud be cause we have rich heritage, we are responsible for all literature in the West, because we preserved Latin works through the dark ages.
>>
the Irish diaspora have conquered every white country. Kinda like the Jews except with working hard and having values
>>
>>1507341
no we don't
>>
>>1510360
Why would be proud of being oppressors?

Why would you want "great men,"?

I'm fucking proud I live in a country where, even though I am white, my ancestors weren't all scumbag racists.
>>
File: 1466249510994.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466249510994.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>1510389
fuck off.

EVERY SINGLE irish moralfag in this thread needs to be fucking hung.

>Ireland was NEVER and will NEVER be relevant on a global or even European scale
>Ireland was NEVER and will NEVER be powerful enough to invade any country not existing on the same landmass as it
>Ireland DID help preserve some knowledge and writing, but NOT on the "Ireland saved the west" level the bogshits will have you believe
>We are NOT big, we are NOT underdogs, we are a very small, pretty average european shithole who are lucky enough to be situated NEXT to one of history's big players
>Irish people DID get a hard time and it WAS impressive that they decided to snatch their future out of the hands of other people, in a sense
>That being said, they were FAR from responsible or competent with the independence they managed to secure

The Irish man in Ireland exists to trigger the Anglo and tell heritage shits to fuck off.
The Irish man outside of Ireland exists to drone on about "muh heritage" or else adopt the nationality of wherever he lives.

We aren't big, we aren't strong, we are just a combination of sheer blind miraculous luck and neutrality preventing competent nations from fucking with us.

From the subhuman apes of Ulster to the Heroin-addicts and Jews of Leinster to the Autists in Connacht to the Jesters in Munster, Ireland relies on not stepping on toes and throwing utterly savage banter in order to remain noticed in the world.

That is all, and rightfully so.
Up the RA.
>>
>>1510360
How are we defining 'great people'?
>>
>>1510462
Fuck you racist piece of shit. You are NOT a true Irishman if you're an anti-Semite.
>>
File: 1470249877162.jpg (15KB, 230x315px) Image search: [Google]
1470249877162.jpg
15KB, 230x315px
>>1510490
You're not a true Irishman if you don't accept your irrelevancy and get back to insulting peoples and nations who have actually accomplished something.
>>
REMOVE NIGEL remove nigel
you are worst anglo. you are the anglo idiot you are the anglo smell. return to saxony. to our iberia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,britain we will never forgeve you. black and tans rascal FUck but fuck asshole anglo stink britain scotland scotland..brit genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead brit..ahahahahah BRITAIN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget 1916. britain we kill the post office, britain return to your precious saxony….hahahahaha idiot english and scot smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE NIGEL FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. eire+usa+germany=kill britain…you will 1916/ joyce alive in ireland, joyce making novel of ireland. good prose joyce ireland. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of joyce… you are ppoor stink brit… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a studio apartment

joyce alive numbr one #1 in ireland….fuck the britain,..FUCKk ashol brits no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. joyce aliv and real strong wizard kill all the englishfarm aminal with prose magic now we the ireland rule .ape of the zoo prime minister lloyd george fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and northern ireland was born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. ireland greatest country
>>
File: clontarf.png (87KB, 316x605px) Image search: [Google]
clontarf.png
87KB, 316x605px
REMOVE ramfisk remove rakfisk you are worst viking. you are the viking idiot you are the viking smell. return to dubh linn. to our dubh linn cousins you may come our reeocht. you may live in the broch….ahahahaha , Mann we will never forgeve you. ostman rascal FUck but fuck asshole viking stink mann iorua iorau..battle of tAra best day of my life. take a bath of dead viking..ahahahahahMANN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget clontarf .laighin we kill the rí , laighin return to your precious creeoc locklan….hahahahaha idiot viking and manach smell so bad..wow i can smell it.

REMOVE RAKFISK FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. ulaidh+mumhain+breifne+dal riata=kill mann…you will clontarf/ brian boru alive in ireland, brian boru making united of ireland . fast consolidation brian ireland. we are rich and have beef now hahahaha ha because of brian… you are ppoor stink viking… you live in a dún hahahaha, you live in a clochan Brian boroimhe alive numbr one #1 in ireland ….fuck the dubh linn ,..FUCKk ashol vikingr no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and riocht. brían aliv and real strong ard rí kill all the viking farm aminal with centralisation magic now we the eirenn rule .ape of the zoo sitric Sylkbeard fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and mann wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of fomorian. Ireland greattst countrey
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.