[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Majorian almost managed to retake the West and yet he was betrayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: MajorianEmpire.png (2MB, 1220x1385px) Image search: [Google]
MajorianEmpire.png
2MB, 1220x1385px
Majorian almost managed to retake the West and yet he was betrayed by the nobles. Had he not been executed, could his reconquests have lasted?
>>
>>1503442
It would've certainly have given the (true) Roman Empire a bit more life. I think Stilicho was the name of a Roman general who was actually competent at fighting off the Germanic barbarians but he too was killed by political rivals. Honestly if it's reached a point where politicians put their paranoia and egos above the survival of state like late Rome did then it deserves to die.
>>
>>1503442
They would have a little while
>>
This might be a little contrarian... but I think the Western Roman Empire was capable of absorbing Germanic peoples in Majorian's time (absolute bloody legend by the way). The Empire had provincial elites of many different nationalities to manage the Empire even in its heyday (Augustus to the Severans), so I think it was possible to preserve the Empire

Keep in mind the Romans had a crisis almost as severe before Aurelian. Diocletian and Constantine launched reform efforts that saved the Empire for a whole century

Anyway the fuckers killed Majorian and the Empire was finally killed by the stupid court intruiges and naval sabotage

Oh and BTW the navy was ignominiously captured in the Vandal invasion. Majorian's brand new fleet (which I think took 3 years to build) was sabotaged. Fatal for the Empire, they could not stop the Vandals
>>
>>1503442
Only if North Africa was conquered and then only Rome got lucky and had a string of extremely competant emporers
>>
I wish I could decently run Attila TW
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.