[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative History: Would it be possible to make Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Christianity.jpg (9KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.jpg
9KB, 400x558px
Alternative History: Would it be possible to make Christianity more polytheistic?
>>
>what are saints
>>
>>1503193
>Jesus Christ
>Son of God
Define that Christ is a god and argue that there are now two Gods.
>>
>>1503193
No
>>
>more polytheistic
I think JPII lessened the office of devil's advocate, to fast track all sorts of weirdos towards sainthood
>>
That would be pretty hard given that it is a continuation Judaism, following a Jewish prophet and started by Jews. They were pretty big on the whole Monotheism thing, even zealous.

The closest thing you could get is some kind of New Age style craziness like the the Tolkien Universe which is very Catholic but supposes angelic beings as being kinda allegorical to a pantheon of gods although makes sure to make a point about there only being one supreme Creator God.
>>
>>1503226
not to mention satan as a demigod.
i know he is a fallen angel, but he fell due to his lust for the power of God.
>>
>implying catholicism wasn't functionally polytheistic through the saints and martyrs until the mid 1900s
wew
>>
>>1503193
Yes. Make it like how idiots on /his/ always think that Catholicism is paganism by worshipping the Virgin Mary and having Saints who play a prominent role. I guess Angels could play a larger role in a polytheistic Christianity.
>>
As others have said, jack the saint """"""veneration""""" up to eleven; actual worship. It's a big planet, Yahweh's a busy guy, praying to him does nothing. That's why everything has to go through a complex web of Saint, Martyrs, and Angels (with Yeshua only acting as the "Saint of Salvation").

So basically do a complete 180 from Judaism and bring back a lot of Zoroastrian stuff.
>>
>>1503575
That is the point of arguing that Christ is another god. If you were to alter history, cite Christ and state him as another additional God. Disrupt the thought of trinity and make Christ his own deity.
>>
>>1503575
>He shows himself in 3 persons
That's not true. That's heresy, modalism.
There is one Godhead, that is, divine essence. All terms describing this godhead must, on account of its nature, paradoxical. God has three persons, all distinct but one in essence. Father, son, and holy spirit. Father, unbegotten and font for the other to, son, begotten of the father before all ages, holy spirit, proceeding eternally from the father.
>>
>>1503193
Not without a civil war.
>>
File: Photo (17).jpg (261KB, 975x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Photo (17).jpg
261KB, 975x1300px
>>1503193
>this fucking proddy
I bet you don't even have a life size statue of a saint in your house
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.