[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys? This might be important. Some construction workers, as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Bit of a chubby bloke.jpg (425KB, 793x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Bit of a chubby bloke.jpg
425KB, 793x1016px
Guys? This might be important.
Some construction workers, as usual, have found a tomb that MIGHT (ignoring the clickbait headline) have been Genghis.
http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/mongolia-archaeologists-unearth-tomb-of-genghis-khan/

Even if it isn't him, it's still what must have been a powerful person from that era.
>>
>>1501058
Anything about world-dooming curses?
>>
>>1501058
Is there any source talking about this tomb that's more reputable than WND? I don't mind the headline, it's that they are known to make shit up completely or listen to quack archeologists of the "ayyliens built the Bosnian pyramids" variety
>>
>>1501070
Nobody else yet besides some literally copy-pasted ones (possibly branch sites from WND, not sure). It's pretty new, so unless it gets widely reported within the next couple of days I'm sceptical.
>>
Wasn't a river derailed, the body buried, and then allowed the river to flow once more ontop of it to avoid ever being discovered? I swear I once read that.
>>
>>1501091
Wouldn't surprise me, but that would mean the plans got out during/before the hiding process.
Considering the fact that it was purposefully hidden is already known, it's possible.
>>
>>1501091
The article mentions that the tomb was found on a river bed.
>>
>>1501058
>article from 2014

>no researchers named, leading archaeologist not named

>no citation of the reporter's name

Fuck's sake even Wikipedia is better than this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Genghis_Khan
>>
>>1501070
aliens totally did build the pyramids though you shill
>>
>>1501091
You're thinking of Alaric, I believe.

But who knows. Maybe it was a common tactic.
>>
>>1501058
>chinks from the university of beijing opening up genghis' tomb
>genghis khan explicitly said not to open his tomb
>mongolia allowing chinks to open up genghis khan's tomb

sounds about right
>>
File: 408.png (361KB, 540x696px) Image search: [Google]
408.png
361KB, 540x696px
>>1501091
That was Alaric, chieftain of the Visigoths.
>>
>>1501176
>>1501371
The Genghis Khan Mausoleum is his memorial, but not his burial site. Folklore says that a river was diverted over his grave to make it impossible to find (echoing the manner of burial of the Sumerian King Gilgamesh of Uruk or of the Visigoth leader Alaric).

It's more common than one would think.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.