[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was France so succesful in ending Occitan Identity when The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

Why was France so succesful in ending Occitan Identity when The Spanish and English failed with their own Seperatist Identities?
Heck even Italy now has the meme tier "Padanian" Identity
>>
compulsory education teaching a single language
>>
cultural genocide

>all french regional languages will die in your lifetime
>>
>>1498849
>cultural genocide
But they are all french.
>>
>>1498853
but they werent always french
>>
>>1498811
The fall of catharism
>>
French was actually a respectable identity to have before WWII.
>>
Albigensian Crusade
>>
>>1498862
>>1498903
this, this utterly destroyed and cucked the Occitan
>>
>>1498865
so its now and so are english and spanish identities yet some people still want nothing to do with those two countries
>>
>>1498811
because occitan identity is a commie meme who never existed in the first place
>>
I hear that a lot of local dialects are slowly dying throughout Europe. In Germany for example older people speak dialects like Swiss while the youth are speaking common German. Are there any /int/ernationals that can confirm this?
>>
>>1499507
That was the trend throughout the 20th century thanks to mass media but the Internet and texting has had the opposite effect and certain dialects like Swiss German have had a resurgence among the youth.
>>
>>1498865
>>1498919
>French
>Respectful
>Ever
Inshallah my frog friend!
>>
>>1499557
>60% white
>Elect twice a muslim nigger president after the 11/7 as a proof of submition
>Build a mosquee on Ground Zero

Americans don't have any pride
>>
File: géniebouchard7008.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
géniebouchard7008.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
>>1498811
Nique ta mere la pute l'Occitan est une truie a negres, connard...le Normand et le Breton sont la vrai shit....
>>
>Be Irish/Scottish/Welsh

>Can't speak a word of Irish/Scottish/Welsh

>Force school children to learn Irish/Scottish/Welsh at school unsuccessfully

>Don't follow any Irish/Scottish/Welsh traditions or practices

>Still claim to be Irish/Scottish/Welsh
These people are like neo pagans. Sure there are minorities that actually speak their Celtic mudspeak but that identity is just a forced counter-culture to English that will die out if independence was ever achieved baka desu fampais
>>
>>1500342
t. eternal anglo
>>
>>1498811

Because there was no Occitan identity. The fact that the langue d'oc was a thing doesn't that people from Bourdeux, Toulouse, Montpellier, Avignon and Marseille shared a common '''occitan''' identity.

Apart of that, the local nobility and educated elites were cucked, killed and replaced after the albigensis crusade, leaving only sheeple, and there were no resistance movements afterwards ever to effective annexation and assimilation.
>>
Serbian, Bosnian, Slovene and Montenigran are all just dialects of Croatian language.
>>
>>1498811
How did the English fail in ending separatism? England has been united since the 10th century.
>>
>>1498811
>Similar culture
>Similar languages- Occitan and Old French were mutually intelligible, whereas the English and Welsh/ Scottish/ Manx aren't even in the same family
>No clear cut geographic borders
>Much heavier incentive to subjugate Occitan (dat Mediterranean port tho)

Albigensian Crusade is the "event" that did in the Occitans, but it was inevitable.
>>
>>1498849
>all french regional languages will die in your lifetime
It's a satisfying feeling.
But the true is that cultural relativism and the general pursuit of identities will make them surge again. Along with Arabic and African languages.
L'état-nation va mourir, et puis pourrir.
>>
>>1499664
jean ... même sur ce board ? putain tu me fatigue ...
>>
>>1500601
didn't they lose ireland like barely 20 years ago ? and almost scotalnd too ? and they might actually lose scotland now that they brexited ?
>>
>>1498811
There was no occitan identity to begin with. They were all romans and then they were conquered by the franks and became french. I don't see where occitans fit it this story. I think the so called "occitan identity" is a recent invention.
>>
>>1500362
He is right tho
>>
>>1499664
jacque.....
>>
>>1498853
>But they are all french.
"""French"""
>>
>>1500342
>Don't follow any Irish/Scottish/Welsh traditions or practices
>>
>>1501040
>barely 20 years ago
Like, 90

And most scots still want to remain in the uk even after Brexit but their majority is getting smaller
>>
>>1498811
>Heck even Italy now has the meme tier "Padanian" Identity
No one here feels "padanian" anon. It's just a political construct to separate from the undeveloped south. What people do feel is their regional identity, and feel it stronger than the italian one. Which is why there's people who'd rather see a regional federation (sans the south) than an actual nation.
>>
>>1501059
Provence
>>
>>1501059
All identities are made up anon, you're making a silly criticism.
The pays d'oc have a fairly separate culture from northern France, visible in language, (early) literature, cuisine, folk traditions, etc.
>>
>>1498811
As others of have said look at the cathars and theit crusades. It isn't the only reason but it is a big part
>>
What about the other minorities in france? Do they want out?
>>
>>1501328
And the occitanian one was made up recently, by a small insignificant group of formerly french people

>>1501261
What of it?
>>
>>1501344
>And the occitanian one was made up recently
It seems like a pointless criticism to make. It doesn't make it any less valid. It's not like they made up the culture.
>>
IIRC the French Revolution centralized much of the country by destroying the traditional domains of nobles and clergy that divided France into 687321154 different provinces.

King Louis 14 probably also greatly accelerated centralization as well
>>
>>1501351
Every village in Europe has it's own culture and unique dialect.
>>
>>1501344
>What of it?
They weren't conquered by the franks and only later joined france, so their culture started becoming french relatively later
>>
>>1501401
I'm pretty sure they were.
>>
>>1501413
Yeah sorry, but they weren't part of france in the 1400s
>>
>>1501116
>lel bag pipes, kilts and funny voices

English government
English laws
English holidays
English religion
English language
English currency
English television
English music

Folk traditions are memes that refuse to die. Only reposted by shitposters. The majority of British citizens are basically English
>>
>>1501575
You didn't need to be part of France for your culture to become French.
Like Franche-comté, Savoie and Lorraine, which were French long before they were annexed to the French state.
>>
>>1498811
How do we stop European minority cultures from dying/being killed?
>>
>>1501794
I don't know, it's not quite that simple when it comes to UK. I think the problem is that all non English people in the isles are Celtic by origin, and have a different Celtic identity, while Anglos have a Germanic identity. Plus they have a unique history, they were never part of the english ethnos, even though they were cucked out of their language by the anglos.
>>
>>1498862
>>1498865
>>1498903
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergonha
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.