[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys how many normies do you think know about the >H >R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 450px-German_Empire_1914.svg.png (84KB, 450x456px) Image search: [Google]
450px-German_Empire_1914.svg.png
84KB, 450x456px
Guys how many normies do you think know about the
>H
>R
>E
>?
I went around asking people on the street and they either gave a very vague or general answer or said they didn't know it at all. Seriously it had been around for over a millenia, how was no one taught of this? Does it differ on other continents, countries, regions, etc?
Pic semi-related
>>
literally who?
>>
>>1498552
Da fuck is the HRE?
>>
File: crying-sea-lion.jpg (111KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying-sea-lion.jpg
111KB, 700x700px
They kept asking why I was putting finger quotes around the name. I tried explaining (in a French accent) that the

>holy
>roman
>empire

was anything but.

Then they laughed at me and called me a faggot.
>>
The Byzantine Empire was also there for a thousand years and nobody knows of its existence.

Speaking for myself, the image that I had of the middle ages until about 2 years ago was just complete chaos and lawlessness following the fall of Rome, with lords ruling very small patches of land and the only connection between it all being the church, until the European peoples collectively and spontaneously picked themselves up by their bootstraps and decided to fix everything.
>>
They know what holy is.
They know what Roman is.
And they know what empire is.
But somehow when the three are put together they can't seem to make any sense out of it... Odd.
>>
File: 342234.jpg (191KB, 767x1054px) Image search: [Google]
342234.jpg
191KB, 767x1054px
>>1498552
>I went around asking people on the street
>>
>>1498661
Well, it really wasn't any of those three.
>>
>>1498654
I'm pretty sure anyone with a middle school education knows the byzantine empire
>>
>>1499038
Not in America
>>
>>1498552
That's because the proper name is the Holy Roman Germanic Empire
>>
File: 1463155525211.jpg (22KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463155525211.jpg
22KB, 512x512px
>>1499093
>ic
>>
>>1499081
Yes in America
>>
>>1498552
>I went around asking people on the street

No you didn't.
>>
>>1499093
This. In spanish we call it sacro imperio romano germanico, I think its the same thing in french.
>>
>>1499104
Well there were probably more non-German Germanics than Germans for most of its history. Saxon-speakers, Lombards, Franconians etc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.