[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the worst Cold War president? My choice is Reagan >funded,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Who was the worst Cold War president?

My choice is Reagan

>funded, armed and trained the Taleban and Mujihandeen, including Bin Laden

>gave a shit load of arms to the Islamic Republic of Iran in order to finance a right wing putsch in Nicaragua

>orchestrated the CIA cocaine smuggling ring that set off the crack epidemic
>>
>Ended the cold war.

You out forgot the most important bit.
>>
>>1496520
>Reagan
>not Gorbachev

Keep drinking the patriotic Kool-Aid m7
>>
>>1496516
>Reagan
I don't know about worst seeing as he has LBJ to compete with but he is hands down the most overrated
>>
>>1496533
Lbj did literally the most nothing wrong. Hes my favorite president.
>>
File: gorbachev.png (37KB, 968x613px) Image search: [Google]
gorbachev.png
37KB, 968x613px
>>1496530
pretty nice job he did there my dude
>>
File: 1406152797232.jpg (36KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1406152797232.jpg
36KB, 356x374px
>>1496536
>LBJ
>most nothing wrong
>favorite president.
For your sake, I hope this is meant to be bait
>>
>>1496536
Vietnam War
>>
File: cool.jpg (276KB, 750x712px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
276KB, 750x712px
>>1496536
This. Is like one the top of best USA presidents from the XX.
Reagan was a dumb hack.

>>1496581
>Implying Vietnam war was wrong.
>>
>>1496597
>starting a war and then losing it
>somehow not a mistake
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>1496520
>Reagan ended the Cold War?
What?
1. He escalated the Cold War
2. The Soviet Union did not collapse until 1991.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (25KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
25KB, 275x275px
>>1496600
>Vietnam War
>Lost by the USA

Nice meme.
>>
>>1496631
please explain to us why you think the US didn't really lose in Vietnam. I always love hearing these
>>
He was a senile old actor who was a total figurehead after Poppy Bush and the CIA put the fucking fear into him with the assassination "attempt".

Poppy Bush and the CIA ran the country from 1980-1992.
>>
>>1496631

Wikipedia says USA lost the vietnam war

And yes, thats based on as many sources as you can care to check
>>
>>1496605

The Raygun strategy involved stressing the Soviet economy through escalation of the proxy wars in a time when the Soviets could not take the strees, while he simultaneously entered into diplomatic talks with Gorbachev and marketed capitalism as the moral solution to their problems. His foreign policy is what led to the collapse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.