[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about the "Don't Follow Your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
What does /his/ think about the "Don't Follow Your Passion" video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o

TLDW: if love something but suck at it you need to choose a different career path (at least that's what i got out of it)
>>
Do it as a hobby?
>>
>having ambitions in the first place
it will all be gone when you are dead anyway, just live by the day
>>
>>1492024
>just live by the day
That is a sure fire way to live a fucked up, miserable, and short life. You should always be planning ahead, always be improving yourself and always working towards some type of goal.
There is no type of eternal hell to punish you if you don't do this, but the universe you live in will become a sort of hell if you allow your agency to be removed from your life.

If this is the only life you have, at least have a good one.
>>
>>1491994
meh he's right but but i don't really care

the thing is i am clearly not the target audience

first off i'm not passionate about anything in the first place
i'm not deluded about my skills (not that i really have much)
i don't need money, or care that much about it

in fact if i had a passion to follow it would probably save me from eternal boredom t b h
>>
>>1492039
What are things you can plan ahead? If you just spend every day of your life having fun with your friends and family, no planning ahead, you can have a good life
>>
>>1491994

>caring about anything Mike Rowe says when he's an entertainer and before that sold shit to people and before that sang in the fucking opera

He is a persona meant to sell you slavery.
>>
>>1492069
Regardless, the advice is solid.

I don't see why this video is so damn popular all of a sudden though, he's been saying this for years.
>>
>>1492039
Why is a short life a bad thing?

It's quite the opposite.
>>
At the risk of sounding incredibly gay,

Everyone who has ever picked up a musical instrument has sucked at it at first. It is because you love something that you are able to dedicate yourself to it and become better than it.

Having passion for something is what will make you good at something - it is what will continue to drive you onwards when you fail and make mistakes, but because you are passionate about it you will continue to better yourself and become better at it than anyone who doesn't care about it ever will be.
>>
>>1491994
>hey you stupid goy, fuck your worthless opinion, just be a 9 to 5 wageslave working the job you hate for the rest of your life

This whole channel is shill central
>>
>>1492168
40 hour workweek was literally invented by the Nazis, this is the perfect way of living your life:

Work around 20 hours a week, doesn't matter if you don't like the job because it's only 20 hours. Spend the rest of your life doing actual fun things, unless you have to support a family you can live with just 20 hours a week of salary.
>>
>When I grow up I'm gonna be paid to learn and tech others history!

Good luck goofs, why not try to get a STEM degree and follow your "passion" outside of your work?
>>
>>1492185
Literally nothing wrong with being a history teachers. Also in most of Europe there is an extreme lack of teachers atm, so it would be an opportunity and a passion at the same time.
>>
Yeah, I wish someone had told me this when I majored. Sure as hell will tell my kids that.
>>
>>1492141
This. If you suck at it and love it enough, you'll suck less over time.
The advice from the guy in the OP just sounds incredibly bitter.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.