[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>harshly criticize the >H>R>E >praises the fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Voltaire-lisant.jpg (217KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire-lisant.jpg
217KB, 831x1000px
>harshly criticize the >H>R>E
>praises the fucking ANGLOS (of all people) in 'Lettres ecrites de Londres sur les Anglois et autres sujets.'
JUST
>>
he wasn't even french he was corsican
>>
>>1489861
wrong person
>>
He got booted out of France, what else was he going to do but suck Anglo cock?
>>
this board is truly fucking garbage.

lame meme, almost as bad as ''we wuz kangs'' and that kuckold bullshit

go fuckyourself phaggot op
>>
>>1489944
Suck holy roman cock
>>
>>1489861
>corsicans are not french

gtfo
>>
>>1489849
He trashed France because the French weren't interested in him publishing his books without censorship.
>>
>>1489861
I'm pretty sure French as we now it today wasn't even a thing back then. You had regions with their own language and culture.
>>
>>1489996
Or with their own laws. Was it Voltaire who said "when you travel through France, you change legal codes more often than you change horses?"
>>
>>1489944
He got booted out of France because he spoke up in a theater, some noble told him to zip it, Voltaire roasted him for being a noble, a duel was arranged but instead of the nobleman showing up to fight some lowborn peasant it was some guards ready to arrest him.

He went to England because he's literally the nigger who won't shut the fuck up during a movie.

>>1489993
Which is why he favored free speech... until Rousseau started writing things he didn't like. Then suddenly he's the biggest supporter of censorship.

>>1490020
I think it was Montesquieu. You know, someone who actually knew what he was talking about because he was a judge and a historian, and not just some celebrity famous for his witty sayings?

Montesquieu was also a fan of the English system but, as the Federalist Papers pointed out, the way he described the English system was nothing like how it was in reality. Chances are he did this on purpose, to lend his own agenda legitimacy without being persecuted for being a revolutionary. I think nobody ever bothered censoring l'esprit des lois because of that.
>>
>>1490193
Classic Voltaire

What a cool guy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.