[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can religion be the opiate of the masses if more political

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Thomas_Muentzer.jpg (52KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Muentzer.jpg
52KB, 300x429px
How can religion be the opiate of the masses if more political revolt has been driven by religious belief than any materialist, supposedly scientific philosophy of the working class?
>>
>>1488423
Human can't into coherent idea.
>>
>what is the American Revolution
>what is the French Revolution
>what is the Russian Revolution
>>
Because Marx is a shithead, religion is the entire foundation of civilisation, and he was just preaching a faggified version of Christianity.
>>
>>1488481
you are right about communism being another version of Christianity, but its not worst, its just as bad. Art and written knowledge are the foundations of civilisation, religion its just a soft whip to control and self control the masses. It all depends of what morals the religion holds but our monotheistic trilogy has only dont harm to civilisation and rejection of religion from state affairs gave the European a boost in progress and power. Please fuck off you are just a germ stuck in the past of humanity, an infantile ape
>>
>>1488511
>religion its just a soft whip to control and self control the masses

Then it is a terrible whip.
>>
File: just hang my shit up.jpg (46KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
just hang my shit up.jpg
46KB, 600x581px
>>1488481
>>1488511
>>1488618
>communism is christianity

What the fuck? Please point me to the verse(s) where Jesus advocates His followers to violently seize the means of production? Oh wait, He never said that. He taught that people should VOLUNTARILY give alms and do works of charity.
>>
>>1488511
Where do you think art and written knowledge come from genius?

>Please fuck off you are just a germ stuck in the past of humanity, an infantile ape
lmao, I don't have a fedora pic fedora enough for this.
>>
>>1488649
god creating everyone equal is in christianity and also communism preaches equality, ideas for the masses thats what they are to their core. both judge and condemn, kill the opposition. Whatever does not fit their narrow world view is threatened, made weak and if its a strong nature it gets destroyed. In the end both are ideologies that bleed out the strong to feed the weak. Both are failed ideologies that are only beautifull words but in practice you can see that they both act with an extreme cruelty. A strong society can live with weaklings without having to purify the them, it is tolerant from an abundance of power and can take care of them
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137KB, 1010x274px) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137KB, 1010x274px
>>1488758
>god creating everyone equal is in christianity and also communism preaches equality
Equality in the eyes of a deity is very different from communist equality. Even then, where is communist equality when it comes to the bourgeois and other classes assumed to be holding the proletariat back?

>ideas for the masses
The Bible is figurative and, arguably, it is preaching to the individual.

>judge, condemn, and kill the opposition
And what is the opposition in Christianity? When Jesus said "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich to enter heaven", He wasn't exactly condemning the rich. Rather, He was condemning the material lust and refusal of alms-giving that is often inherent for the wealthy.

>narrow world view
You're narrow minded if you buy into this, see final part of post.

>feed to the week
For Christianity, it is a strengthening religion. "Your body is a temple of God" is a commandment for being healthy. It also takes strength to resist your desires, whatever they may be. Hedonism kills, and anti-hedonism is a fundamental aspect of Christianity.

>failed ideologies
Christianity is the largest world religion. Often badly misinterpreted, sure, but still.

>they both act with extreme cruelty
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." - John 13:34-35

Gee, how cruel.

You, my friend, have no independent thought. You think Christianity is exactly what the WBC says and what anti-Christians spout. Christianity is not a set of rules; it is a mystical philosophy over how to acquire enlightenment (salvation).
>>
>>1488837
so communism preaches equality, fails to deliver. god makes everyone equal, fails to deliver, some are born better then others. You gave me a passage from the bible preaching non violence, failed to deliver in reality. Happpy you brought up the most evil passage from the bible: it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich to enter heaven. its meant to notify rich people, people with power over the many, that they a hellbound and they end up acting the role of a devil worshipper. For someone that seems to believe in one of the main dogmas you try to act intelligent, but dont forget i am aware that you are a stupid fuck
>>
>>1489016
You are clearly underage
>>
Nietzsche-fags are the fucking worst.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.