[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Mongolia never colonised? Was there any interest in colonising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 391x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 391x375px
Why was Mongolia never colonised?
Was there any interest in colonising it?
Amongst the 20th century empires, Britain, France, Portugal, Japan or Russia who would've been the most likely in colonising it
>>
Also add maybe the Dutch and Germans I guess
>>
It sort of was.

The Soviets brought the many joys of communism to them shortly after the Russian revolution. They were the second country on the planet to become communist, after Russia itself.
>>
Because it's in the middle of nowhere, you can say the same about fucking Afghanistan
>>
>>1485259
Qing Chinese conquest can also sort of count as colonization
>>
>>1485254
It's a whole lot of fucking nothing.
>>
>>1485259
I wonder why they didn't join the Soviet Union
>>
>>1485284
They had been independent before, so they ended up as a Stalinist puppet state.
>>
>>1485254
>20th century empires
>Portugal
>>
>>1485254
Didn't the Russian empire and the Qing compete over it to a small degree? I don't imagine russia would have interests in the steppes but just not want anything to do with mongolia at all for some reason.
>>
There was nothing useful here.
>>
File: Uksilku.jpg (2MB, 746x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Uksilku.jpg
2MB, 746x1413px
>>1485254
>Why was Mongolia never colonised?

It was colonized extensively by the Manchus during the Qing dynasty.

Manchus went into outer Mongolia and killed half the population, then raped the other half. Literally, raped the other half.

They forced Mongol tribes to dress like Manchus, and bow to the Manchu khans (later Qing emperors) as their own khan.
>>
>>1485254
Mosquitos. No one likes Mosquitos. Mongolia has millions of them.
>>
>china
>soviet union

what u talk bout willis
>>
>>1486705
>Didn't the Russian empire and the Qing compete over it to a small degree?

They competed over it to a HUGE degree.

Up until Cixi's death and the collapse of the Qing government internally, they kept fighting off Russians trying to influence Mongolia in anyway whatsoever.
>>
They were. Inner mongolia is traditional mongolian territory and is now 80% han and outer mongolia is very sparsely populated (if you add them together there are still more han in "mongolia".

That slither we call monoglia today was basically unwanted. At the time of imperialism it was destitute, 70% of the male population were monks, something like 90% were still nomadic. The nomad system was falling behind and there were more efficient ways to raise meat.

China had it, but russia wanted to it for security reasons, china said fine have it, its worthless, which is was so communist USSR preferred to send people to Kazakhstan which had better agricultural potential. And now they are sort of riding the diplomatic fence between China, Russia and the US by having no big protector but no enemies either.
>>
>>1486749
>They were. Inner mongolia is traditional mongolian territory and is now 80% han and outer mongolia is very sparsely populated (if you add them together there are still more han in "mongolia".

'Inner Mongolia' is the name that Mao Zedong gave to the region.

Prior to 1949 it was several provinces, some were natively Mongol, some were natively Han.

Historically, the southern part of Inner Mongolia was consistently predominantly Han.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.