[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked would Japan as a nation and culture have been if the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 106411753.jpg (183KB, 528x323px) Image search: [Google]
106411753.jpg
183KB, 528x323px
How fucked would Japan as a nation and culture have been if the Mongols didn't get wretched by that sea storm and succeded? Would they have been totally wiped out and unable to recover unlike the Chinese? I know the Khans generally allowed conquered people to keep their religion and stuff but I'm still curious.
>>
>>1481466
Oh look, it's another thread which totaly disregardes the fact that the Japanese built many defences which FORCED THE MONGOLS TO STAY AT SEA LONGER THAN THEY WANTED. I won't even get started on the Mongol incompetence and shitty river boats.

But yeah, it's all because of a spooky storm.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>1481466

The mongols lost all of their battles on land in Japan.

And Kublai Khan was the emperor of FAIL because all of his invasions failed, unlike the ones from his predecessors like Ogedei and Möngke.
>>
>>1481476
I mean one could easily argue that the storm was a huge player considering that Nips were trying to hard to keep them at sea. Perhaps as a plan B? Plan A being Japan had a better ships.
>>
>>1481493
Wasn't that in the second invasion mostly?
>>
>>1481501

>Mongolian Army landed on Sawara District and encamped in Akasaka.[12] On seeing this situation, Kikuchi Takefusa (菊池 武房) surprised the Mongolian army. The Mongols escaped to Sohara, and they lost about 100 soldiers.[12]

Thousands of Mongolian soldiers were awaiting in Torikai-Gata. Suenaga Takesaki(竹崎季長), one of Japanese commanders, assaulted the Mongolian army and fought them. Soon, reinforcements by Michiyasu Shiraisi(白石通泰) arrived there and defeated the Mongolians. The Mongolian casualties of this battle are estimated at around 13,500.

>Due to the defeat in the battle of Torikai-Gata, the Mongolian army was exhausted. So they withdrew to their own ships. On seeing this situation, the Japanese army did night attacks and killed many soldiers. Finally, Hong Dagu decided to withdraw to Yuan Dynasty. In the midst of the withdrawal, they met a typhoon, most of their ships sank and many soldiers drowned.

They did loose all the important battles and only won some where they surprised some small armies.
>>
>>1481515
That didn't answer my question nor contradict my prior notion that most victories were in the second.
>>1481476
>>1481515
Anyway Ok reformed question: What if the Mongol invasion succeeded period? How fucked would hey be?
>>
>>1481515
Not to mention that they were using Korean conscripts who they had just defeated.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.