[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no weapons found in any of the several Indus Valley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why are there no weapons found in any of the several Indus Valley Civilization archaeology sites?

By what means do you suspect the Indus Valley had the ability to trade with the Mesopotamians? overland? by sea? which routes on land? on sea?

What genetic stock do you suspect the Indus Valley civilization to contain? Are they Aryans? offshoots of Indian aboriginals? Something entirely different?
>>
>>1479118
By sea obviously like everyone did back then since it was much cheaper
>>
>>1479118

>Why are there no weapons found in any of the several Indus Valley Civilization archaeology sites?

What are you talking about? They've found spear and arrowheads at them.

>By what means do you suspect the Indus Valley had the ability to trade with the Mesopotamians? overland? by sea? which routes on land? on sea?

Sea seems more likely. Don't several of the Sumerian inscriptions relating to "Meluhha" talk about the ports?
>>
>>1479141
>What are you talking about? They've found spear and arrowheads at them.
Don't be coy. The amount of weapons found in the Indus Valley sites are shockingly low, almost embarrassingly so when you account for the amount of dice and toys they found.
>>
>>1479146

>WHy are there no weapons found at the sites
>But there were weapons found at the sites
>Don't be coy, there were fewer weapons found at the sites than other sites in other locations, and more toys!

Were you born this stupid, or did you work hard to get there?
>>
>>1479150
I retract that statement then, I'm sorry. There might as well not have been any weapons, given how few there were.
>>
>>1479118
> Why are there no weapons found in any of the several Indus Valley Civilization archaeology sites?
They made it from something perishable, basically we only knew they had little bronze weapons compared to other bronze age cultures.
> By what means do you suspect the Indus Valley had the ability to trade with the Mesopotamians? overland? by sea? which routes on land? on sea?
By sea I guess, by the river into Persian Gulf.
> What genetic stock do you suspect the Indus Valley civilization to contain? Are they Aryans? offshoots of Indian aboriginals? Something entirely different?
They were pre-Aryans, most likely Dravidians.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.