[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That moment when you were truly made worthy of your Roma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Charge Savoia.jpg (54KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
Charge Savoia.jpg
54KB, 500x320px
>That moment when you were truly made worthy of your Roman ancestors in one of the bravest actions of the entire war
Charge of the Savoia Cavalleria at Isbuscenskij by the Italians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Savoia_Cavalleria_at_Isbuscenskij

History feels thread
>>
>>1475898

Pic is somewhat anachronistic. The main charge was launched at like 5 in the morning, in near total darkness, which was one of the main reasons the Italians were able to get close enough to be effective.
>>
>>1475935
how did they do this. Like... why werent they all blown to smitherenes by Soviet artillery?
>>
>>1475959

I haven't studied the battle in depth, but at an educated guess:

Soviet command and control was pretty bad, throughout pretty much all the war prior to 1944. They had great guns, they had some pretty good gunners, but actually getting their people to know where to shoot often had to be decided at the divisional HQ level.

So it's 5 in the morning, and something's going wrong, and whomever was in charge of the position was probably phoning HQ, saying he needed help, and them trying to get a set of coordinates as to where to direct the barrage, whcih you only have a guess at because the fighting is fluid and because it's in the pre-dawn and you can't see shit. So if the request for support is even approved, the gunfire is probably raining down all over the place and not where you actually need it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.