[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really necessary for Mohammed to have thirteen wives if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1466453669306.jpg (337KB, 1025x725px) Image search: [Google]
1466453669306.jpg
337KB, 1025x725px
Was it really necessary for Mohammed to have thirteen wives if he was saying you can't have more than four? I know Muslims say prophets can break the law for practical reasons, and Mohammed broke it to gain followers by marrying into alliances, but Jesus didn't have to marry a bunch of women to get people to follow him.
>>
Bin Laden's father had 23. Marry, impregnate a few times, divorce. Women are literally cattle in the middle East.
>>
Jesus didn't get people to follow him. That was all done well after his time.
>>
>>1475248
Jesus had a number of followers, over eighty in apostles alone.
>>
>>1475259
He didn't have armies and nations though.
>>
>>1475248

Jesus had 12 apostles

And the gospels of Mark tells us that thousands of people followed him, the crowds that followed him were very, very large
>>
>>1475267
He clearly didn't need them to spread his faith.
>>
>>1475123
It was necessary to make all the conflicting stories in the hadith make sense. Most likely all the wives of Muhammad are figures that were created in order to connect this certain family, tribe, or ethnicity to the personal life of a prophet, and when it came time to compile a more coherent narrative a century or two later there was an obvious contradiction when there were several woman who people claimed Muhammad had married.
>>
>>1475318
this, as a muslim, i don't even know anymore, which hadith is right? which is made up?
>>
File: Face.webm (162KB, 466x394px) Image search: [Google]
Face.webm
162KB, 466x394px
>>1475372
None of them, only the precursors to the Gospels are right.

Convert ye now, or taste retribution
>>
>>1475532
>>
>>1475537
There is no stopping, there is only the physical incarnation of the one God's three personae which are of equal and consistent will and nature
>>
>>1475123
>cultural norms

You can only get a second/third wife if your first wife allows it. Or that's how it's supposed to be
>>
>>1475270
yuuuge the best crowds
>>
>>1475123
Most of them were widows, who weren't allowed to be married under pagan law.

He did it to prove that it wasn't binding.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.