[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me evaluate Hegel's influence on modern society /his/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (17KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 200x253px
Help me evaluate Hegel's influence on modern society /his/.

>Progressism
I think, beginning with Augustine, history is no longer seen as collection of events, but as having a purpose. With Hegel, not only that but it is also understood as continually improving.

>the state as peacemaker
Of course with Rousseau we have the general will thing, but specially after Hegel the state is seen as this impersonal conciliator of different interests. Also if some good belongs to the state then it belongs to everyone. A grievous mistake (see "tragedy of the commons"). This allows, for example, Marxists and leftist in general to perpetuate the lie that taking stuff away from the citizens actually means giving it to them.

>the philosopher as court intellectual
So the "philosopher" or intellectual is reduced to a mouthpiece or apologist of the state, since the state is the end all and the means o realize every intellectual authoritarian revenge fantasy such as communism, etc.

What else is there?
>>
Hegel was a never a big topic on /his/.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.