[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw just hired as a high school history teacher. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1463830934581.jpg (16KB, 201x194px) Image search: [Google]
1463830934581.jpg
16KB, 201x194px
>tfw just hired as a high school history teacher.

I'm pretty excited. Who else on /his/ teaches?
>>
>>1464275
Why would you ever do that?

Kids are little shits.
>>
>>1464291
I'm teaching high school AP juniors and seniors.
>>
>>1464295
They're even worse
>>
>>1464275
>I'm pretty excited.
Uh, anon you'd be wise to moderate your expectations.
Even if you get a good class, willing to interact, don't expect them to care about the subject.
That said good job finding employment related to your passion.
>>
File: teacher9.jpg (190KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
teacher9.jpg
190KB, 800x532px
>>1464411
Sure, I know many won't give a shit. But it's AP courses so at least they'll pretend.
>>
>>1464275
Just remember to throw out all your shit after your first year.
>>
>>1464275

I did give a history clase once.
>>
>>1464424
>But it's AP courses so at least they'll pretend.
If your school is anything like mine used to be, then no, they totally won't.
Oh they'll study and perform excellently on tests and essays, sure. But they'll be every little bit as bored and inactive during class as the standard course students.
>>
How do you deal with the slutty HS girls?
I could never be a teacher or really even any member of the general public workforce, too many sluts.
>>
Good luck when you eventually get hit with blackmail and rape accusations and parents that cant accept they little babies arent flawless angles
>>
Why would you teach about what's fundamentally just made up shit?
>>
>>1465737
this

have fun teaching mythology OP
>>
>>1465764

>Guy who thinks that Mythology is not tahught
>>
>>1465764
No see, myths are interesting because the approach you take on them. They're not interesting because you believe them to be real.
>>
>>1465773
how is that a refutation... you're not teaching history and you have a script for the myths
>>
>>1465797
I wasn't refuting you per say, I was saying that mythology can be fun.
>>
>>1465804
i do agree with that, i just couldn't stomach trying to tell them it's all true
>>
Did anyone else have a HS teacher that imposed ideology?
I had one that would spend entire days devoted to debunking conservatism (this was 2010 or so). He abandoned all notions of history class and would start discussions and give assignments in contempary politics.
What was embarrasing was that he ran out of time and covered Carter-Obama in like 3 days
>>
>>1465886
sounds more fun than wasting 8 fucking months a year on ww2.
>>
>>1464724
Don't worry, they would never dream of interacting with you.
>>
>>1465886
But Anon... all school is imposed ideology
>>
>>1464295
Even worse. 90% of them don't care/just want the ap credit. Then there are the kids who don't even belong in the class.

I pity.
>>
>>1465945
This. I took a bunch of AP classes that i was too dumb to get higher than a low C in because I was nervous about college admissions like everyone else
>>
>tfw you perfectly mapped your education out at 13 so you could get to an elite university without having to deal with AP kids
>>
>>1465981
>tfw you took 1 honors course in your first year, became alarmed by being in a class full of Egyptian kings, paniced and signed up for all AP classes, got B's in all of them, and got to a private school
After taking the AP courses I became increasingly in favor of standardized tests. The AP tests freaked people out because they bullshitted the courses by being friendly with teachers etc. I came to think of all criticism towards standardized testing as being the howls of lazy, stupid people.
And I still do.
>>
>>1465892
>sounds more fun than wasting 8 fucking months a year on ww2
German spotted
>>
>>1465886
wow, pure ideology
did no one call him out on his shit
>>
>>1466029
You think?
>>
>>1466113
No
>>
Enjoy the prime teen pussy.
>>
How does /his/ feel about getting a PHD in history.
>>
Quite cucks, op is already fucking doomed. He has no choice but to take this job with his history degree
>>
>>1466213
Only do it if you can get meme resume pads, like going to Harvard. It's not getting into history unless you can get a great job for it. Otherwise just pick up art and a real job and then draw history in your free time.
>>
Gonna steal their virginity, OP?
>>
File: channel-angle-new.jpg (43KB, 514x332px) Image search: [Google]
channel-angle-new.jpg
43KB, 514x332px
>>1464738
>flawless angles
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.