[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did business in North America (USA specifically) start relying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cute.jpg (74KB, 736x393px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
74KB, 736x393px
When did business in North America (USA specifically) start relying so heavily on business/agricultural loans/grants? Is this just a factor of the "lol we'll worry about economy later," or am I completely ignorant?
>>
the food supply is crucial for national security and also the security of the state if the population is armed
>>
Could you give an example of what you're talking about?
>>
Every western country does the same thing. I don't think there's a country in the world that still does pure laissez faire capitalism
>>
>>1462688
And? This doesn't mean that business models have to be based upon debt; primitive accumulation of capital can account for the rest, but even THOSE businesses choose to enter into debt.
>>
>>1462700
What led to this "change."
>>
>>1462706
I'd like to say the great depression, but I'm not certain
>>
>>1462706
>>1462711
I've done a bit of checking. The US has practiced some interventionism in the form of tariffs, subsidies, etc since at least the19th century

On another note, I would assume that the end of the gold standard coincided with the start of the debt stuff you mentioned
>>
>>1462666
>business/agricultural loans/grants?

This sounds like several different concepts. What are you talking about?

>Is this just a factor of the "lol we'll worry about economy later," or am I completely ignorant?

It sounds like you're ignorant, since there is nothing wrong with any of that. But again, maybe you should explain what you mean.
>>
>>1462726
Banks were not giving supportive startup loans to businesses before 1900?
>>1462727
Most businesses I know of in the agricultural business are on credit. There is no such thing as them accumulating any sort of wealth with which to reinvest, since all of that wealth is actually bank-owned. It just cycles wealth back into the bank. How long has this been going on?
>>
Since Anthony Hamilton introduced a central bank that was indebted to the bank of England.
>>
>>1462731
>Most businesses I know of in the agricultural business are on credit. There is no such thing as them accumulating any sort of wealth with which to reinvest, since all of that wealth is actually bank-owned. It just cycles wealth back into the bank. How long has this been going on?

Ok, well that's specific to that industry, then. Most businesses don't work that way.
>>
Borrowing money is simply sending money to your present self from your future self, with a (known) loss along the way. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, and is in fact the primary means of social mobility. Poor man borrows money to start a business or grow a small one, consequently becomes a richer man, and can thus afford to "send to his past self" (i.e. pay off the loan) and still be better off for it. Of course, if you have no rational reason to expect your future self can afford it better than your present self, then that's on you.
>>
>>1462941
That's trash. Every company that does an IPO is literally in debt. Most of America's "wealth" is under those incorporated companies, which are all on credit.

>>1462958
So you're sending yourself less money than what we currently have in circulation. Yes, I know money is just bullshit, by why don't we just say "okay, we're going to do a money-split" or something to avoid the mental bullshit of inflation?
Why use this patchwork way of getting wealth when you're really just making the future's economy worse to manage as an abstraction?
>>
>>1463006
people like their property and people like their assured payments. Also money splits would be expensive to enforce because the information premium would be entirely with the business owner/loanie
>>
Unsubsidized food is ridiculously expensive and most governments main priority is keeping food cheap.

Expensive foods leads to very unhappy populations.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.