[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the relation between Satyrs and Nymphos in Greek Mythology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: satyr.jpg (2MB, 1615x2337px) Image search: [Google]
satyr.jpg
2MB, 1615x2337px
What was the relation between Satyrs and Nymphos in Greek Mythology? From what I read, the appearance of a Satyr is supposed to represent half man and half beast, or a symbol of being subjected to a beastly lifestyle as a man. Satyrs were poets that mainly roamed in the woods and mountains. They are also often depicted with an erect penis which could mean that the man is a slave to his bestial, sexual desires. Nymphos are the same, but yet from what I read it seems that nymphos never actually engaged in sexual activities with the Satyr, but only to tease him and mess with his head.

Is Satyr a symbol of the beta man?
>>
>>1462423

They're both magical beings but beyond that they have no clear relationship. The Satyrs are mostly associated with the god Pan while nymphs are a very broad class of being that includes minor deities (like Calypso) and simple nature spirits (like the Dryads), although iirc both Satyrs and a class of nymphs called Maenads where found among the followers of the god Dionysos, where they both represent the animalistic nature of drunkeness.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.