[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on christian apologetics, namely WLC, C.S. Lewis,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Redpill me on christian apologetics, namely WLC, C.S. Lewis, and Plantinga
>>
>>1461345

Nobody outside of the US cares.
>>
>craig
Has basically made a career put of the gish gallop. Waste of time to go into any more detail than that.

>Lewis
"If god isnt real then that would make jesus a liar and jesus would never lie. Checkmate reddit."

>Platinga
"How can evolution be real if our eyes arent real" and "Your only choices are believing in god or that you're a brain in a vat"
>>
>>1461345

>“Say what you like,” we shall be told, “the apocalyptic beliefs of the first Christians have been proved to be false. It is clear from the New Testament that they all expected the Second Coming in their own lifetime. And worse still, they had a reason, and one which you will find very embarrassing. Their Master had told them so. He shared, and indeed created, their delusion. He said in so many words, ‘this generation shall not pass till all these things be done.’ And he was wrong. He clearly knew no more about the end of the world than anyone else.”

C.S. Lewis

>No one cites me

WLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZlovxLZUM
>>
>>1461372
>Platinga
>"How can evolution be real if our eyes arent real"

That is actually the best summary of Plantinga I've heard. Especially since the people who'd be inclined to believe his shit wouldn't see a problem with it.
>>
>>1461345
C.S. Lewis thought Jesus told a false prophecy about the world ending and yet he still believed
>>
I have to say it is amusing to see no Christians ever come into these threads where actual content is discussed.
>>
>>1461474
I feel totally comfortable in saying there are 0 genuine christians on 4chan.

There are a bunch of kids on /pol/ and /his/ who like the aesthetic of crusader memeing and think it's hilarious to spam "DYOOS VOOLT" but that's about it, ad it's entirely just part of the wider alt-right pantheon of fetishizing anything that makes them feel better about themselves.

I don't think any of them sincerely believe in the existence of Yahweh/Jesus's Resurrection/etc when cornered on it.
>>
>>1461493
There were a few good christposters like half a year ago

There were some decent debates about Thomist arguments for god
>>
>>1461372
> "Your only choices are believing in god or that you're a brain in a vat"

How does he arrive at that conclusion? I know Descartes tried to pull something like that. Is he just copying Descartes?
>>
>>1461544
It's something along the lines of

>If you don't believe in God, then you have no basis for assuming the reality that surrounds you is real, therefore you might as well be a brain in a vat, therefore you've basically admitted you either think you're a brain in a vat or you're ~not being logical~
>>
>>1461374
I liked this WLC moment. Also his debate with Sean Carroll was literally "I'm right if I say I'm right often enough."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFmWfiq9L6k

The "Liar, lunatic, lord." assumtion made by Lewis is just so terrible I cannot belive he himself would've bought into it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.