[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is JFK considered a liberal martyr? especially when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Why is JFK considered a liberal martyr?
especially when it comes to today's progressive liberals?

I wouldn't go as far as cruz and call him a republican, but he told hold a lot of values that are considered "conservative" today
>>
>>1461105
They weren't conservative at the time
>>
Conservative must be defined relative to the then political atmosphere. When accounting for this, he was not a conservative at all.
>>
cause he's so hot omfg
>>
this is why liberal policies are called "progressive". the shit that was once liberal gets accomplished as "progress" and becomes the new norm. the crazy liberal ideas of the past are the conservative ideas of today.

>1776: liberal = revolutionary, conservative = loyalist
>1863: liberal = abolitionist and unionust, conservative = pro-slavery and confederate
>1915: liberal = interventionist, conservative = isolationist
>1925: liberal = workers rights, 5-day work week, no child labor, conservative = no sick days, no overtime, no standard work week, no minimum wage, child labor ok, trust profit-driven capitalism as best system
>1946: liberal = reconstructionist, conservative = colonialism/imperialist
>1963: liberal = civil rights as outline in the constitution, conservative = jim crow, segregation
>2016: liberal = gay rights, social security, public health, conservative = not
>>
Kennedy is a fucking meme who did literal nothing other than almost drag the US into a nuclear war. On top of that he got elected partially because his dad's mob connections rigged the elections and he's literally the Kim Kardashian of politics, known more for tabloid horseshit and conspiracy theories than his actual merit.

I don't understand why would anyone, whether liberal or conservative even try to claim his as their own.
>>
>>1461412
Ethnic nationalism was also a liberal ideology originally, then the conservatives coopted it in the 1860s.
>>
>>1461443
this post is reactionary, emotional, and not fact-based. it has no credibility
>>
>>1461454
>reactionary

inigo_montoya.jpg
>>
>>1461105
The political parties were not nearly as ideologically rigid as they are today, there was lots of regionalism and factions.

Neither party was truly liberal or conservative by modern understanding of the terms, nor was Kennedy
>>
>>1461443
He sort of became the face of the New Left, especially when his brother tried running for President. He actually advocated for trickle-down economic policy, and even Civil Rights was a Johnson thing. But Johnson was old, talked like a backwards hick, and was associated with Vietnam. And Johnson was way more focused on income inequality. So, the movement that would become SJW liberalism allied around the image of Kennedy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.