[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Hanibal's master plan? He marches on Rome across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: HE4_0459.jpg (60KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
HE4_0459.jpg
60KB, 420x600px
What was Hanibal's master plan? He marches on Rome across the Alps, then what? What if Rome fell, then what?
How would he keep it, how would Phoenicians proceed?
>>
>>1457420
Romans in Sardinia and Iberia would get slaughtered/sold as slaves and Phoenicians would have won, keep in mind that they already had a huge revolt in Sardinia.
>>
>>1457420
His objective was to have the italic tribes rebel against Rome and sack the city so that it would lose its economic and political influence over the peninsula and its ridiculous manpower pool. He didn't want to conquer it, nor any territory other than Sicily and Sardinia. From his point of view, without roman leadership, the rest of the italic wouldn't stick together and fall under the economic and political influence of Carthage and Epirus. He wasn't wrong, it would have probably happened that way. However the italics were fully aware of it too, so almost all of them kept loyal to Rome.
>>
File: 1469167508137.jpg (6KB, 250x204px) Image search: [Google]
1469167508137.jpg
6KB, 250x204px
Continue being an absolute madman
>>
>>1457438
>>1457456
What was Carthage like? What kind of state, did it have a king or was it a republic?
How was governed, what kind of laws did they have compared to Rome, what kind of social structure and civil rights?
>>
>>1457472
They had sufeti ruling over Sardinian, African and Maltese city states, they most likely got installed there around 500-400 bc when Carthage became imperialistic, that institution remained alive well into Roman times.
>>
>>1457420

His plan went along the lines of

>March to Rome's territory
>Gather up some mercs as he goes
>Fight a few battles with Rome, win them.
>Rome's client states, now that Rome is reduced, break away.
>Rome either becomes too weak to do anything at that point, or with the help from the newly freed locals, he has a base of support to beseige and destroy Rome proper.

I don't think he really cared about keeping it, just breaking the power of Rome and then reasserting Carthaginian naval dominance in the western Med.
>>
File: 1463002410627.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1463002410627.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>1457460
>yfw Hannibal crosses the alps
What a fucking madman
>>
>"I swear by the deathless gods that I shall not rest until the heart of Rome bleeds dry on the sword of Carthage."
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.