[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good quotes against people who only like neo classical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: mr_and_mrs_andrews_1748-49.jpg (139KB, 1190x689px) Image search: [Google]
mr_and_mrs_andrews_1748-49.jpg
139KB, 1190x689px
Are there any good quotes against people who only like neo classical and realistic art?
>>
>>1455011
>Are there any good quotes against people who only like neo classical and realistic art?
The quotes given by the appraisers, worth millions.
>>
I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with only liking those styles. You can argue that it's bad or limited taste but it's taste, and therefore pretty arbitrary.

The trouble comes when these same people insist that it's the only REAL form of art because it's the only art they've been exposed to or made any effort to understand, demonstrated with their favorite pieces being things like 'Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog' or 'Ivan the Terrible Killing His Son'. These pop up a lot on /his/ art threads which is full of the modern art hating sentiment and the aforementioned pieces absolutely smack you in the face with the meaning, being almost gaudy in their delivery. It's obvious not only due to cultural exposure to that form of art, it's also just fucking obvious. It would be great if these people at least attempted to branch out but the arguments in defense of their view are usually pretty puerile, and out them as having never made that attempt.
>>
>>1455052
I am not trying to say those paintings are not good i simply want quotes to annoy and troll the artistic conservoshits on /pol/.
>>
>>1455052
answer the question dipshit

"Nature is a collective idea, and, though its essence exist in each individual of the species, can never in its perfection inhabit a single object."

This kinda hints towards realistic art being gay
>>
File: 1467359669578.jpg (62KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
1467359669578.jpg
62KB, 600x554px
>>1455080
>i simply want quotes to annoy and troll the artistic conservoshits on /pol/.

this is dialogue-lowering and as an autistic /his/torian I cannot help you
>>
>>1455096
/pol/ talks in memes. They can only accept infomraiton that is entertaining, which is why memes, short quotes, simply picvtures are the best.
This is true not jsut of pol but of most of humanity so a quote helping dummies wake up and start thinking about contemporary art can be useful in upping the dialogue..
Of course the real problem is you simply dont have any such quotes.
>>
>>1455083
Its an interesting thought but its too abstract and general. I need something provocative that strikes where it hurts and is direct.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.