[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Judaism stole monotheistic ideas from Akhenaten or it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Did Judaism stole monotheistic ideas from Akhenaten or it was other way around?
>>
>>1453413
They both developed independently.
>>
Yes, through Moses who was once the Prince of Egypt.
>>
>One god greatest among gods and men,
>Resembling mortals neither in body nor in thought.
>… whole [he] sees, whole [he] thinks, and whole [he] hears,
>but completely without toil he agitates all things by the
> thought of his mind.
>… always he remains in the same (state), agitated not at all,
>nor is it fitting that he come and go to different places at different times

Did Xenophanes stole monotheistic ideas from the Jews or was it the other way around?
>>
>>1453443
Could Akhenaten actually be Moses?
>>
>>1453449
I am sure that Jews existed before him. In fact the very first human was a Jew.
>>
>>1453413
That's what Freud said in "Moses and Monotheism."

Moses was an Egyptian priest in the cult of Aten. Gone into exile in Palestine, killed in the wildnerness.

This hypothetical murder that is what Freud attritubtes Judaism' Father complex.
>>
>>1453413
What Akhenaten crated was not a monotheistic religion. It was a polytheistic pagan religion that scrapped all but one God.
>>
>>1453847
Like Judaism then?
>>
File: 800px-GD-EG-Caire-Musée061.jpg (146KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
800px-GD-EG-Caire-Musée061.jpg
146KB, 800x1067px
>>1453413
10/10 facial structure
>>
>>1453882
You are so stupid it hurts
The jews most endearing contribution is monotheism
>>
>>1453943
They started as polytheists anon. This is why here there are no Gods before me, for example. Not just there are no other Gods ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257KB, 1280x706px
>>1453963
>the Sumerians created writing
>"but before they knew how to write they were illiterate"
>>
There is no truly "monotheistic" religion. Scholars debate when the Jews began believing Yahweh is the only God, and even afterwards rabbis had to pass dictates against worshiping Angels. Putting aside the trinity and Mary, Christianity has scores of saints and angels that can be petitioned to before God. Even Shia Islam has holy figures that can be petitioned to much like Catholicism.

Also there's virtually no difference between worship and petition when you're asking for a divine favor.
>>
File: image.png (566KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
566KB, 1136x640px
>>1453983
>there is no truly "monotheistic" religion
What do you think a monothesitic religion is?
>>
>>1454007
A religion that claims worship of one God, but in reality has a pantheon of figures, Saints, or Angels
>>
>>1454019
okay then what do you think "real monotheism" is?
>>
>>1454089
Something like Deism where there only one divine being.
>>
>>1454135
Nope you are wrong
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.