[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Catholicism, a strictly hierarchal religion, so much more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-HammerSickleCross.png (14KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
220px-HammerSickleCross.png
14KB, 220x215px
Why is Catholicism, a strictly hierarchal religion, so much more compatible with Marxism than the very proletarian Protestantism?
>>
>>1452746
>HURDURR IS HAS LOT OF THIRD WORLDERS, THEREFORE IS MARXIST
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>1452746
liberation theology is a fucking meme, without jesuits insisting on its legitimacy it wouldn't have a leg to stand on
t. jesuit
>>
Because both discourage free thinking and lad to lazy corrupt people
>>
>>1452746
> Why is Catholicism, a strictly hierarchal religion, so much more compatible with Marxism than the very proletarian Protestantism?
But early anabaptists were basically communists.
>>
>>1452754
Liberation Theology literally gave the Roman Catholic Church a second chance in the Modern World.
>>
>>1452754
Liberation theology is the only interpretation of Christianity that makes sense.
>>
>>1452751
What? Many Catholics are Marxists, and many Marxists are Catholic.

Pope Francis isn't a communist, but he's certainly a leftist.
>>
>>1452762
Protestants today are largely very right
>>
>>1452820
Distrubitism is very far from Marxism, but the difference might not be noticed by American Protestants who worship the free market
>>
>>1452828
I'd say there's more Catholic communists than Distributists among the laity.
>>
File: 1452103476028.jpg (20KB, 306x410px) Image search: [Google]
1452103476028.jpg
20KB, 306x410px
>>1452764
>changing the interpretation of HOLY DOGMA to make a holy order akin to a transient and artificial political organization is okay if we get more tithes : ^ )
>>
File: 1462844566577.png (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462844566577.png
79KB, 500x500px
>>1452831
But Jesus and the apostles were literal communists.

Wouldn't surprise me if Vladimir Lenin was Christ himself returned in full conquering glory and hell was actually metaphorical for the gulag.
>>
>>1452746
despite marxims being 'for the proles', it is very hard to instigate that kind of rule without also resorting to some kind of autocracy or dictatorship. in fact, I don't think it's happened once.

This is very similar to Catholicism in that respect. Therefore, the two match each other very well.

on the other hand, Protestantism was able to flourish under Calvinism which was very close to modern capitalism. it taught that in practicing your trade were you closer to god, therefore by saving and scrimping your profits earned through your trade, you were even closer still.

this therefore allowed ideologies that on paper would be opposed, in practice they aligned
>>
>>1452838
Let's not forget Jesus said how the rich should share with the poor and even said rich people go to hell
>>
>>1452838
Communists wish to create a new man by changing institutions and laws. Jesus wished to remake institutions, and lessen laws, by creating a new man.

He was literally the opposite of a communist.
>>
>>1452838
Always remember; Christianity was the Bolshevism of the ancient world.
>>
>>1452751
American post.
>>
Whilst true that Catholicism is hierarchical and perhaps protestantism was ostensibly 'more proletarian', the affinity between Marxism and the Catholic Church is that both are historically doctrinal. In both cases the milieu has deferred to the authority of the Centre be that the Central Committee or the Vatican.
Behind every good communist is a lapsed catholic'.
I forget who said it or words to that effect (Chesterton, Green,Muggeridge?). Probably find out it was Orwell….
And just as the Catholic Church has a variety of strands, Benedictine, Dominican, Franciscan,and Jesuit not beholden to the verbatim word of the Vatican, developing different emphasis addressed to local conditions; Marxism too has offered the doctrinal flexibility necessary for local relevance and longevity.
Doctrinal force and flexibility is why the Vatican as the Catholic Church has historically been so antagonistic to Communism in the competition for 'souls'.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.