[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche was worried what replaced Christianity (if I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1465727783728s.jpg (8KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
1465727783728s.jpg
8KB, 250x219px
Nietzsche was worried what replaced Christianity (if I remember correctly). So what replaced it /his/?

I go with:
- Christian influenced progressionism: especially something like transhumanism, which is just salvation but with a twist
- A curious kind of hedonism: not only is hedonism sorta expected it is in some ways also considered a human right
- Scientism: affiliated with the idea of progress. A kind of techno-optimism i.e. science will solve everything.
>>
>>1452055
>So what replaced it /his/?
Mohammedanism.
>>
>>1452055
Christianity is still around, and in those groups that cast it off, all of your options and more apply.
>>
Nihilism
>>
>>1452060
>>1452061
I want to specifically talk about the west and the atheist.

I know religion is far from death. But I am curious what the non-religion belief. They would deny believing anything but I think they do.
>>
>>1452078
I disagree.

From my experience in the Netherlands, very few are nihilist. But many are hedonistic in the sense that they think life should be about enjoyment. And it is not as if they are fully hedonistic, they have other values too.
>>
>>1452055
Nothing.

We're still in the same position as we were in Nietzsche's day, an advanced version of that position even.
>>
>>1452094
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>1452099
I'm saying that Christianity is just as irrelevant now as was apparent when Nietzsche lived his academic career, significantly more so even. And nothing has replaced it, there's still a growing trend of nihilism.

Not much has changed in the past century, Christianity is still just about around. Nihilism still has yet to consume society all together.
>>
>>1452080
For the most part, the decline of religion in the West is due to simple apathy towards spiritual matters.

You don't see many more people directly denying the existence of god today than in Nietzsche's time, but a huge swathe of people have just stopped engaging in any sort of deeper philosophical thought that could give rise to religiosity or the opposition to religiosity.

We have what amounts to materialism-by-default; materialism without nihilism because nobody bothers to consider the implications of materialism.
>>
>>1452078
Were most people even supposed to realize nihilism? I thought that most people were supposed to replace christianity with comformist culture of Der letzte Mensch.
>>
I'm reading "the myths we live by" by Mary Midgley. Looking at the reviews it triggered a lot of autists.

But any how. It seems to be exactly what I (OP) was looking for.
>>
>>1452055
Marxism replaced Christianity and then SWJism replaced Marxism.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 197x256px
> So what replaced it /his/?
Memes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.