[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Western societies come to associate success with corruption?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: rich2.jpg (26KB, 309x435px) Image search: [Google]
rich2.jpg
26KB, 309x435px
When did Western societies come to associate success with corruption?

Why do so many irrationally distrust successful capitalists just because they are successful capitalists?
>>
>>1451753
Marxist propaganda.
>>
inter-generational hording of money leading to pleb descendants having undue power and fucking it up for everybody?
>>
>>1451753
Because a lot of successful people were also corrupt
>>
>>1451760
See this is an example of what I'm talking about. That sounds an awful lot like a baseless assumption.

Even if what you say happens, even if it happens a lot that isn't a rational reason to distrust ALL successful capitalists. Only those few guilty of that scruple.

And what is wrong with leaving wealth for your children to enjoy? That's a big part of why normal people want to be wealthy in the first place.
>>
>>1451779
OP said nothing about distrusting all though.
>>
>>1451787
>commies in charge of literacy
>>
>>1451753
Envy is a thing
>>
>>1451753
Bankers have been hated since christianity spread here.
>>
>>1451788
Fuckin hell mate, you trying to be retarded, or just stereotyping all people who disagree with the status quo as "commies"?
>>
>>1451753
Success and wealth are not same. Although success can come at wealth and wealth at success, its not a 1:1 thing.

People love successful stories, its inspirational and cheered upon. What people don't like is wealth hoarding.
>>
>>1451779
>That sounds an awful lot like a baseless assumption.
Downwards economic mobility statistically doesn't exist.

The top 5% of Northern Italy are mostly related to the top 5% of 16th century NI. The same is of course less true for let's say Russia where those top 5% in 16th century were impoverished during dynastic crisis in 17th century, land reform and later purged by communists or in America where 16th century top 5% are long since dead. Countries like Italy or for instance Belgium with long history of being capitalist/proto-capitalist but without history of nationalising things left and right are great for showing those trends.

Of course the top 1% is probably richer than the remaining 4% of those together but the trend remains and is awfully obvious - to lose your family wealth and go from being rich or upper-middle class to beggar you have to be utter idiot therefore the assumption that the inter-generational hoarding cements the social structure is very logical and provable.
>>
>>1451753
Capitalism has exploited human egoism with his mechanics, usa has expanded his globalization in the whole world and now the planet is being destroyed for money, everybody crave for money
>>
I feel it's not only corruption that's implied. I sense particular strata frowns upon all items of wealth. People are taught to feel guilt when it comes to owning things of affluence, when in reality, expensive things often show the creativity and high achievement of man and should be celebrated and exhibited with pride, and in a way shared in a sort of communion through display. If there's bragging it's with light-heartedness and all is surrounded by joy, not by envy and evil or whatever how some perceive it. This stinginess is so wide spread that now one ought to feel shame in displaying wealth in public. I think it's crooked.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.