[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To my meme understanding of the Medieval Ages, Knights received

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 12th Cent Knight.jpg (87KB, 590x815px) Image search: [Google]
12th Cent Knight.jpg
87KB, 590x815px
To my meme understanding of the Medieval Ages, Knights received land in exchange for military service. And there were like, what, thousands of knights? Where the fuck did miniscule European Kingdoms get land for these armored soldiers on top of feudal lords, and commoner landholders & free farmers?
>>
>>1451481
I mean you could turn that around any which way.

Where the fuck did miniscule European Kingdoms get land for feudal lords on top of knights, and commoner landholders & free farmers?

Where the fuck did miniscule European Kingdoms get land for commoner landholders on top of feudal lords, and knights & free farmers?

Where the fuck did miniscule European Kingdoms get land for free farmers on top of feudal lords, and commoner landholders & knights?
>>
Feudal Lords were knights
>>
>>1451481

You can paid them with money and/or maintenance.
>>
>>1451481
I don't know when you last went outside, anon, but there's actually a lot of space out there and there used to be a lot fewer people
>>
How minuscule are we talking here?
Because even the smallest countries in Europe today have more than enough land to serve the needs of thousands of knights.
>>
>>1451481
It's not like they each received a duchy. Land for a knight might only mean a small farm at best.
>>
>>1451525
This. Which led to problems when the king would call a war and knights would straight up revolt over going on a campaign because they had land and people to govern.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.