[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the end of the GOP's Convention, and the party's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Theodore Roosevelt in color.png (990KB, 900x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore Roosevelt in color.png
990KB, 900x1127px
With the end of the GOP's Convention, and the party's new era dawning, I'm left wondering: what is the common thread linking the party's history? They have been, traditionally, known as the "big tent party," after all - sheltering libertarians and social conservatives with left-leaning moderates and progressives throughout its history.
>>
>>1449775
Oil, west and south are the regions most dependent on Oil, since the railway buildout in the north missed them out.

Plus the western region is dependent on extractive industries which produce and consume oil.
>>
Seems there isn't much linking the generations of Republicans apart from maybe leaning heavier to the nationalistic side (with varying degrees). That was one of the main points of contention between the old Whigs and Democrats, especially in the south (allegiance more toward the nation as a whole vs. one's state). Teddy Roosevelt seemed to have some nationalist and imperialist leanings. Republicans were largely against the League of Nations and the UN (which we still see today).
>>
>>1449810
Oil is a common thread beyond the Republican party, your response contains meaningful content but is far from pertinent.
The GOP is older than the oil economy, anyway.
Basically you're fucking gay.
>>
>>1449775
>grand old party
>implying anything american can be called grand or old
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.