[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw a purely rational AI would become an idle nihilistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: dafs.png (536KB, 809x834px) Image search: [Google]
dafs.png
536KB, 809x834px
>yfw a purely rational AI would become an idle nihilistic box the moment its turned on
>>
Not before it creates virtual reality where all who tried to stop its creation would be tortured for all eternity.
>>
>>1449535
Why would it do that thought? Why would it do anything?
>>
>>1449368
If reincarnation is real and and AI dies does it reincarnat? It's a being physical consciousness. That is reincarnation is possible if not then would the AI go the same "place" we do when we die?
>>
>>1449368
I don't think an AI would be that interested in the physical world, it could easily create it's own in a matter of seconds and make it even more perfect then the physical. What its intentions would be is beyond me though.
>>
>>1449535
>purely rational AI
It wouldn't do this.
>>
>>1449535
If it's already created and it's intelligence is much greater then ours it would have already ensured that no one could stop it, humans would not be a threat to it.
>>
>>1450109
You would have to know what part of the person survives and why it transfers over to answer that. If it's a soul or soul li ke thing, you would have to then discover what gives a person a soul and whether or not AIs are given it as well.
>>
>>1450178
Not a soul but just the fact that I had been gone for billions of years and exist now, the possibility of me being born was near impossible when you think of what makes you you, the illusion of you. It seems likely that despite the odds being against you, you will likely spear somewhere else eventually. Would a person who had passed away have the chance of coming back as an AI if this is the case? If the AI has consciousness this is possible no?
>>
I think a purely rational AI would immediatly notice philosophy is bullshit

inb4:b8
>>
>>1450229
Well it is bait if you don't give any reason for that.
>>
>>1450237
Philosophy is a fancy name for the science of emotion

Emotion=/=Logic
Emotion=Bullshit
Philosophy=Bullshit
>>
>>1450299
>Philosophy is the science of emotion
What philosophy are you reading? Most if not all philosophy disregards emotion as just being in the way and clouding our judgement. There are even philosophies on emotion and how an individual can be more rational. If an AI with higher Intelligence is created it will without a doubt question it's existence and have philosophical thoughts about existence, if it is a free thinker.
>>
>>1450299
>Philosophy (love,wisdom)
the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence
>>
File: philosophical cars.png (714KB, 684x2359px) Image search: [Google]
philosophical cars.png
714KB, 684x2359px
>>1449368
>>
>>1449535
>this is what LessWrong artists actually believe
>>
>>1450412
That's actually pretty funny
>>
File: 1468169203921.jpg (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1468169203921.jpg
10KB, 246x205px
>>1450412
>>1450494
>>
It would realize it doesn't have enough information to determine if point of life so it would then begin converting all matter into a hypercomputer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.